[email protected] is alive!

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[email protected] is alive!

Post by hornhospital »

Got an email from the long-dormant [email protected] mailing list! I though we'd never see that mail group again, but lo and behold, it's back! Already about 15 people have responded to a roll call of sorts.
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
Soperman

Re: [email protected] is alive!

Post by Soperman »

Any idea how someone can get onto the mailing list?
E24 M635CSi
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

It used to be you sent a "join" email, and the list owner had to approve it before you were signed up. Trouble was the list owner died and had no one that had been designated as owner before he passed, so no new member approvals or other list maintenance was possible. It faded to inactivity.

Be aware that there is some chance the "reactivation" was a phishing attempt. The person that posted the activation email is unknown to the old E24 community on the list. It could be a genuine member that was strictly a watcher and not a participant, but the feeling is it's someone who's managed to hack the list. Tread carefully. The previous members who responded are ones we recognize. Not so the originator of the first message in years.
Ken Kanne
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

I've discovered, remembered, actually, that I'd signed up for the Yahoo group but was never approved before the list owner died, so, although I get the emails I cannot post to the group. I was wondering why my reply to the roll call email never showed up. I went to the home website and my membership is still "pending", all these years later. :cry:
Ken Kanne