Which fuse?

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

monoi

Which fuse?

Post by monoi »

Hi all,

The right front position light (1st position of light switch) and rear position light have stopped working.

I see they work from the same fuse but so do other lights which are working so I'm a bit confused.

Is there something I'm missing?

P
635 Csi highline 3/89
monoi

Re: Which fuse?

Post by monoi »

A bit more info...

It's the pin 58R at the rear which doesn't get juice. I cheated temporarily by shunting 58L to it, and both front and rear position lights work. Which means that the circuit is fine, just not getting power somewhere.

It makes me think that the light switch could be faulty but looking at the diagram, I would have thought that other instrument lights would not work either as they seem linked.

Any suggestion would be appreciated. :)
635 Csi highline 3/89
plip1953

Post by plip1953 »

Did the check panel indicate a problem?
Phil

1988 Highline 635 CSi
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

on the early cars these lights pass thrrough the emergency switch so if it is bad they will not work. I am not sure on the later cars but you may want to check on that.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
monoi

Post by monoi »

The check panel does indicate a problem with lights as it should, even with the shunt and the lights working.

Where is the emergency switch you mention?

Thank you
635 Csi highline 3/89