MAF part number F00C2G2040?

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Jlc

MAF part number F00C2G2040?

Post by Jlc »

Update: the pasrt numbe ron the sensor is F 00C 2G2 040 and the assembly is PBT GF30 and R|280 217 517. Whenever I search those parts the sensor all comes up as a 5 pin not.a four pin. Any idea if a 5 pin will work - the harness only has 4 wires so it would ignore 1 pin.

THANKS

I just installed a MillerPerformance MAF and non-WAR chipped ECU. After installation, the car starts, idles manybe 20-30 secs and tehn runs roough and dies. Blipping the throttle or full throttle yield an instant die. I've checked voltages at the MAF and get ~12 volts ground too Pin 2, .9V at Pin 3 with power on but no start. Voltage at Pin 3 stays at .9 upon start; per MP's troubleshooting guide I should get 1.5V. Behavior is the same with the chipped and stock ECU.

Car ran fine with original AFM. At this point I suspect an issue with the MAF so I have 2 questions:

1. Anypne know the part number for the MAF sensor; I seem to recall seeing a post that it is a stabndard Bosch part? Mine is the early Type 1 sensor (see photo below).

2. Any thoughts on potential casues and best way to test the MAF sensor? The lack of voltage change makes me suspect the sesoor is not responding, but that is a guess.

Worst comes to worse I can undo the wiring changes.

85 635CSi Bronzit