mystery heater hose - M6

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

tmoretta

mystery heater hose - M6

Post by tmoretta »

I recently determined that I need to rebuild the starter on my '88 (U.S.) M6, so I decided to change all the "heater" hoses while the intake plenum was out of the way. I ordered 5 hoses, and one, does not seem to fit anywhere. It is named a heater return hose (BMW # 64211368715). It is shaped nothing like any of the original hoses, so I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where it belongs. Could it be for some other model, or maybe under the dash or what? Where can I get a schematic of the coolant/heater hoses and fitment?
emac

Re: mystery heater hose - M6

Post by emac »

Pretty sure that hose goes from the heater core (at the firewall) to the coolant "T" under the intake. The T then goes to the expansion tank and also to the thermostat.
tmoretta

Post by tmoretta »

I wish. No the hose is too curved and too short for that location. It must be for some other e24 model.
Beaker

Post by Beaker »

RealOEM indicates its for a heater control valve, but I've never seen this part before.
Oct. '81 635