My second 6er: steal of a deal

Document your Sixer project here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ScottyK

Re: My second 6er: steal of a deal

Post by ScottyK »

Well,

I got in a bad accident on Sunday night on the interstate. I walked away away after I came to.

But.. the good news is I'm alright for the most part. Also, the BBS rc090 are due to be delivered today! Pretty excited to get to refinishing them... after my hands heal. :)
dwcains

Post by dwcains »

Holy cow! - Very glad you're OK. Tough driving in those conditions, which I surely don't miss. Best wishes for a quick recovery.
Dean
Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
'87 Spider Veloce
'92 Spider Veloce
'08 350Z

hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

Glad you're OK, Scott!

That'll buff out. Here's the buffer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxC9sKbVTlA
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Ouch ! Glad you are OK. Fully insured I hope or not at fault !
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Gosh. Looks like a mess, but its good you're okay. Thankfully not the Sixer too, I guess?

-Ellis
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Came across this for sale in Chicago USA. I'm not interested, but I thought I'd post it in case anyone else may be. Euro 635csi $1300. Rust apparent

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5944354930.html
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

As for me.. just unwrapped the BBS wheels yesterday. The one bent inner lip is concerning. Assessing that and sourcing mediablasting options close to me to start refinishing them.
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

[quote="ScottyK"Image[/quote]

These are the ones I now own
spartaans

Post by spartaans »

Nice wheels .. I think in future I will buy the same model

How much they cost you?
Last edited by spartaans on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Ford Mondeo Ghia 2.0 TDci {Silver Machine}
2002 Opel Astra G Coupe 2.2 16v {Carbon Schwarz}
1985 BMW E24 635Csi {Dolphin grey | Delphin | #184}
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

I think I paid 300ish for them? I can't remember. The one wheel is questionable though.. I'll post pics in a while.
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Looking into lowering springs, debating between Vogtland or Bavarian Autosport. Anyone have either one? Feedback? Opinions?
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Small update:

Plans for the this summer, install new starter, lowering springs, engine tune, straight pipe exhaust and maybe looking into some staggered style 32's

Some pics from this last weekend. Hope alls well w/everyone.

:mrgreen:
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Lookin' good ScottyK :shock:

Couple of thoughts and questions for you :-?

Nice plumbing with your cold air induction setup, but where is the actual air filter :-k

And where is the fan :roll:

One thought regarding your plans for a straight through exhaust, these engines are known to drone quite a lot without a proper resonator in place, might want to think about that and/or solicit input and opinions from the board, just sayin' =D>

Once again, nice job \:D/
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Oh, the engine pics are his car... not mine. It is a unique setup, that's for certain. I don't plan on doing that with mine. Most I'd do there is a new kn filter to replace the stock one, keeping the stock airbox.

The straight piping. Well, my resonator is shot... Pretty rusted out. I could buy a new converter/resonator or, just weld in a straight pipe there. The muffler tips have red overspray paint on them from when the car was repainted I think... It's odd because the quality of the paint job is very good, but to allow for this overspray... Idk. Anyways... I'd be keeping a muffler, but replacing this muffler with a new one to rid the overspray look.
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

I called the local parts store to source a kn panel filter for the stock airbox. It would run about $80, as expected. Not bad imo.

Edit: did some research, kn filters seem to allow debris into the intake... so maybe I'll just install a new panel filter... any recommendations there? Just any stock one? Thx
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

Finally ordered some parts yesterday, from FCP. Nothing exciting, but somewhere to start. No pun intended.. Parts ordered this time: Front genuine roundel emblem, new starter, valve cover gasket and a few other gaskets... Hopefully they'll be here Saturday.

Took the six out for a cruise today and snapped a couple pics of things inside that I have no clue what they're for.. Memory seat settings and power windows lock is my guess... Lol

Also came across some bmw touch up paint in the cooler in back.. Nice. Opened er up and it's actually very usable, almost seemed new. So I put it to use and did some touching up, mostly on the front valance.

Decided to tackle this today... Being a bit of a purist, I like the badges on. I'd replace the red roundel on the trunk with a blue one I have... But the wife likes it, so it stays for now.

Pardon the bird dropping and dirty car. Garage will be going up Monday! Suuuper excited.
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

I unexpectedly heard back from the owner before the guy I bought the car from. He had owned it for approximately 10 years. He bought it from a friend in California who had owned it since new. This Gentleman, Dave, had all sorts of information for me. Dave said that when he bought it, in 2004, he paid $9500 plus shipping to Minnesota. At the time, it had 90,000 miles and the motor was factory replaced by BMW 18,000 miles before that at 72k. Dave stated his friend had stored it in his airplane hanger for about the last 10 years straight before he sold it to Dave, so 1994 to 2004. While Dave owned it, he bought the Nardi Steering wheel from a Ferrari dealership that a friend of his works at. He told me he was afraid to tell me what he paid for it at the time. Dave also put all new suspension in, repainted the front lower bumper and added the rear spoiler done by a place called euro tech. Dave stated "it had those ugly gold bbs wheels on it when I got it, so I trashed those and bought new wheels and tires for it... The ones that are on it now." My jaw dropped, but I continued to listen to the wealth of information. Dave stated that the engine was given a full tune and refresh, along with all the ball joints, bushings and what not under the car. Dave would like to stay in contact, which was music to my ears. He sent me some pictures from when he had the car.

baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Personally, I think she would look much better without the spoiler, or a period correct one.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sansouci »

Is it my imagination regarding the stance (in the PO's pictures) is the car way too high? Or the tires too small?
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

sansouci wrote:Is it my imagination regarding the stance (in the PO's pictures) is the car way too high? Or the tires too small?
+1--I agree, something is not right there.

Yeah, I'm thinking--who didn't like RC090's
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
ScottyK

Post by ScottyK »

sansouci wrote:Is it my imagination regarding the stance (in the PO's pictures) is the car way too high? Or the tires too small?
Yeah, lowering spring are next on the docket after I get the engine refresh/tune, exhaust and starter done. Just need to figure out which ones I want to invest in.