When obsessive visions become reality. MY E24 with M62.

Document your Sixer project here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Pablo_el

Post by Pablo_el »

New updates. I wanted to close up the whole side this weekend but ran out of gas for the welder. I want to wrap it up till the end of the week and finally start the other side.

grays

Post by grays »

updates?
Pablo_el

Post by Pablo_el »

grays wrote:updates?
The story is that after I did all the work pictured I had to pay an extremely high electrical bill, which exceeded the total cost of the project by far! As I just did one side I will start sourcing another shell in august keeping my engine mounts and all the parts for the car. This just make so much more sense than just keep being raped by con edison.

So, anybody have a nice clean shell in NYC area for sell? ;)
kalkan

Post by kalkan »

Pablo_el wrote:
M?chteWei? wrote:
Pablo_el wrote:Engine mounts on the way! First mock ups have been tacked on. If all goes good engine will be in position next week.
Crossing my fingers that the brake master cylinder clears the engine - and that you can mount the hydraulics it needs to work.
http://www.bmwengineswap.info/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2

I will relocate the booster and use e34 master combo together with the brackets. Brake lines will be extended with proper adapters.
yes, and it fits nicely. back in '08 I did the same project, and this was no problem.

Did you mount E34 power steering housing, because of hose position?

e24

e34 V8
Image[/img]
grays

Post by grays »

dame that sucks. where in nyc are you located?