Drive 4 Corners - non-sanctioned BMW meet

This is for general BMW gatherings and less formal events

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

MisterFixit

Drive 4 Corners - non-sanctioned BMW meet

Post by MisterFixit »

Does anyone here know about the D4C event in Colorado?

Drive 4 Corners is put together by a friend of mine, he does a good job. He's been part of the local CCA Chapter (Rocky Mountain) since he had to stand on the seat to see out the window. I have wanted to go for years, but the motor wasn't feeling well, which now is remedied, so I AM GOING this year (pandemic willing and the creek don't rise).

Event dates are August 27-30, 2020. There is a web site... drive4corners.com ... shows itinerary, links to hotel, and lots of pictures. The even will be limited to 100 cars, but I expect there will be fewer. This year will be their 10th Annual, and they're planning to go ahead as long as there is any chance of hotels and restaurants opening up in time. As you would expect, there will be driving through beautiful countryside, lots of eating, kicking tires and telling lies .. the usual BMW stuff. Nothing too formal, just a gathering of great cars and their humans.

I offered to donate some goodies for door prizes from my lighting upgrades portfolio, have been watching the list of models and years of cars in (planned) attendance. So far only 7 of suitable vintage, so your chances will be good if you come. VERY good. I have some very nice lighting improvements available for the E24. US or Euro lights, no problem.

Anyone know about this, or been to this, and anyone going?

Andy
(not a paid endorser)
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
Lighting Upgrades for 2002, E3, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Headlight and Tail Light upgrades for maximum visibility. Headlight protection to keep lights intact.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Drive 4 Corners - non-sanctioned BMW meet

Post by GRNSHRK »

Andy, what's up with Tom :-k

He's been running the show since I can recall, everything OK up there [-o<

FWIW, I'd be surprised if this event is held :(

We haven't cancelled Pacific Sharkfest yet, but will likely face the reality that it won't happen this year either ](*,)
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
MisterFixit

Re: Drive 4 Corners 2020

Post by MisterFixit »

Hey Bobbo-
Nothing wrong up here, Tom is still the guy. I recall him standing on the seat of Paul's 2002 at an Ice-Khana at Georgetown Lake several decades ago. I think he was three. The car was parked. I did not win a prize, but I DID get to drive my car home... I did not sink into the lake (thanks to thick ice)! =D>

I am QUITE HOPEFUL that the event will go ahead. Let's pray the stinky virus goes away from here ... far, far away. [-o<

I have registered and reserved a room for me and she at the event hotel. I am keeping an eye on registrations & vehicle age (older cars like yours and mine) for planning purposes in the 'Door Prize' or raffle department.

See you there?
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
Lighting Upgrades for 2002, E3, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Headlight and Tail Light upgrades for maximum visibility. Headlight protection to keep lights intact.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Drive 4 Corners - non-sanctioned BMW meet

Post by GRNSHRK »

That would be quite the haul for me from NorCal there, Andy :-?

Have thought many times about trying to make this event, and maybe one of these years I will [-o<

Alas, not gonna happen this year :(

Hope you guys pull it off \:D/
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black