Camshaft Replacement/Overhaul

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

AndrewHolt

Camshaft Replacement/Overhaul

Post by AndrewHolt »

Hi Guys

Can anyone in/around Sydney recommend where I can have my stock camshaft examined (and possibly re-ground or even replaced) on my 86 635CSi M30 (manual box). I'm contemplating an engine head overhaul too so I need someone who knows what they're doing and I can trust to give me the right advice. I'd love to say money no object, but I'm a realist.

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew

1986 635CSi
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Micks Motorsport off of the Hume highway. 29 Beresford Avenue Greenacre.

Just had my BMW E3 race re-dyno'd there. Honest, cost effective and Mick and Mark know their stuff. They mostly do turbo's but handled my M30B34 tune with ease, fixing the stuff-up of the last idiot and getting an extra 40hp at the flywheel by simply getting the air to fuel mixture right.

They are not open weekends but are open from about 7.30am to well past midnight some days. The rice-burner kids take their cars there after work so they need to stay open late.

It is difficult to get them on their phone at 9796 0172. I have more success on their facebook page with Mick generally responding within 24hrs. They are at https://www.facebook.com/MicksMotorsport?ref=ts&fref=ts

Josh
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

Hey Josh - thanks for the advice. Will get hold of Mick next week when I get back from Orange. Is that your silver E3 on Micks FB page?

Hope all is well.

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew

1986 635CSi
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Yep that's my E3 racer. The last bloke was an un-insured un-licensed ass. Mick knows his stuff.