Breakfastfest at Church Point, 10:30 4th July 2015

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

hoadie

Breakfastfest at Church Point, 10:30 4th July 2015

Post by hoadie »

Paul, StuM5 and I are meeting for breakfast at The Waterfront Cafe at Church Point, 10:30am on July 4th and I'd like to open an invitation for anyone else who's keen to catch of for a feed and a chat to come along too.

Details of the cafe are here: http://www.waterfrontstore.com.au. It's also known sometimes as the Church Point Post Office or General Store or something like that. There'll be a reservation in my name, and you can call or text me on 0412 966 505 should the need arise.

I'm not planning on having a cruise or anything at this stage, but might have a think about it over breakfast.
StuM5

Post by StuM5 »

looking forward to the catch up boys...been awhile.
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

Sounds good. I've had so many false starts with my 6'er coming back that I will bring another car if she is not here. Net ETA, Friday June 26.
GripGreg

Post by GripGreg »

I just saw the menu at the Waterfront.
Man o' man, I'd love to be there!!

Oh yeah, to meet you guys too! :roll:

The only thing stopping me is that Buster may not make it there on one tank. #-o
Plus, I hear it's a straight run & I prefer corners & switchbacks.
I also heard the 'road ' may be super rough, so, maybe not.
But, I can see why it would be a great meeting place!

Lemme know how many made it? I just might p/u the check! :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:
You do know I don't have to pay till the end of the day, right? 8)
Hit the apex
in Long Beach, Cal
Buster/'82Euro6 Build Date 9/81
Rosallina/'80 528i Build Date 4/80
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Be good to see you Stu but i'm not going to try and sit in your car again. It stuffed up my back last time just trying to get in :shock:

Ben and Josh, i just hope your table manners have improved. I see the State Government has set aside some money in the budget to build you a new enclosure. Have a banana.
m6dave

Post by m6dave »

Hey guys are you locked in to Saturday or could you make it on Sunday instead? There is an event called cars and coffee that happens at the Cavallino Restaurant at Terrey Hills on the first Sunday each month and it is really worth the effort to check out. Have a look at this web site. This is just up the road from Church Point and finishes at 10 am so would tie in nicely with a 10.30 brekky.
http://www.sydneyautomobileclub.com.au/
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Saturday is the only day I can make it.

Stu sometimes shows his car at the car show on the first Sunday of the month. I've ridden my bike around there on the occasional Sunday morning and the cars on show are most exciting.
StuM5

Post by StuM5 »

Paul I'm sorry to hear the back woes but I probably did warn you not to try and get in it.
I'll make sure the banana pancakes are on order for Ben & Josh haha. I don't even recall Ben having table manners??

Hi Dave, yes I'm a at cars and coffee quiet often, it's definitely worth going if you've never been... There is no where you can go and see a collection of cars like it.

cheers
Stu
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Table manners? I assume you mean I'm supposed to use cutlery? I've only recently graduated from eating out of the trough
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

I'll bring my Renault RS265 as the 6'er is still in Melbourne. Rosie and little Isaac may have a toddlers B'day party to go to but I'm in and looking forward to catching up with everyone. Has been too long.

Josh
hoadie

Post by hoadie »

Great, see everyone there! The reservation is for 6 but they should be flexible if more turn up.
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

See you there too. Cheers Andrew
Andrew

1986 635CSi
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Great to catch up fellas. Good food, good tea and great company. =D>

hoadie

Post by hoadie »

I echo Paul's comments. Shame about the lout in the Superlite who blocked us in. Nice colour though.

I followed Stu back to Mona Vale and pulled up along side him at the lights. These guys on motorbikes had been ogling his car and I heard one ask the other "do you think it's real or a replica?"

Stu of course forgot to fit power windows to his car so missed out.

I must say it does sound amazing, every bit as good as it sounds on the TV show going around Eastern Creek.
StuM5

Post by StuM5 »

Good to catch up with you Paul, Ben and Josh and nice to meet you Andrew!
Look forward to the next one!
Paul even managed to smash down 2 pots of tea he liked it that much.
Nice shots Paul. Wish you had of got one of Ben trying to get in an out!
The Superlite ain’t much of a ‘parker’.

Haha in relation to the blokes on the bikes. I wonder what ‘real or replica’ they thought it was, since it’s neither ‘real’ nor a ‘replica’ of another car.
Power windows wouldn’t assist either Ben, they are solid no matter what.
Thanks for the compliments.
Where did you disappear too when following me along Pittwater road?
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

It was great to meet everyone on Saturday - Ben and Stu for the first time and Josh & Paul for the 2nd/3rd time. Enjoyed the drive back on the windy road back from Church Point (minus the thousand cyclists!), giving the 6er some serious 'stick' and - with windows down - listening to the cacophony of sounds that is a great BMW engine!!

Looking forward to the next drive.

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew

1986 635CSi