fog light covers - front valence/bumper

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

bigcoupefnq

fog light covers - front valence/bumper

Post by bigcoupefnq »

Hi All,

My first time to post on this forum but we have been chasing some fog light covers for a 1988 Shark with World bumpers for well over 6 months now and coming up with nothing. If anyone has any or can point me in the right direction it would be great. Picture attached below so you know what I am referring to.

thanks

Richard
:wink:
Attachments
Fog light cover
Fog light cover
cover.jpg (63.53 KiB) Viewed 5734 times
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: fog light covers - front valence/bumper

Post by baders »

I can't help you with the fog light covers but that location looks eerily familiar to me Richard :D
Attachments
P1000626.jpg
P1000626.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 5729 times
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

Please put your location in your profile. I assume Oz by "baders" comment.

They are NOT fog light covers. You can remove them to screw in a tow hook!

Try #4 below. About £20.00 each.

You will also need parts #5 (4 off)-(£2.60 ea.) & #6 (4 off)-(£3.60 ea.) to fit them.

All available via Germany.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=51_0510
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
bigcoupefnq

Post by bigcoupefnq »

baders wrote:I can't help you with the fog light covers but that location looks eerily familiar to me Richard :D

G'day- baders-

this is actually a pic of a car I nearly bought about 18mths ago but passed on it. A beautiful highline edition imported from the UK. I went for an all Oz delivered (no rust) model instead that I picked up in Adelaide , drove to SYD and trucked to Cairns - A epic roadtrip with Dad!!!

Am away from FNQ currently and didn't have a picture of the front section of my car. Actually not sure if this particular car ever changed hands.- maybe youv'e seen it in Perth?!?

Interestingly the colour scheme matches mine and is similar to yours. Mine's below is in Cirrus Blue !!!
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (854.49 KiB) Viewed 5671 times
bigcoupefnq

Post by bigcoupefnq »

ron wrote:Please put your location in your profile. I assume Oz by "baders" comment.

They are NOT fog light covers. You can remove them to screw in a tow hook!

Try #4 below. About £20.00 each.

You will also need parts #5 (4 off)-(£2.60 ea.) & #6 (4 off)-(£3.60 ea.) to fit them.

All available via Germany.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=51_0510
Thanks Ron- will check out realoem
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Yes mate I've seen that car, but it was an automatic and I was strictly after a manual..............and he wanted too much for it.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Dammit! My passenger side cover has come off.

Now I need to track one down too.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

I just ordered that cover from ECS tuning for $30, along with some more metal clips for the bottom. I will confirm shape/fit and report back with part numbers.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

I got the cover piece today, along with the clips. Everything fits together perfectly, and the new cover comes primed and ready for paint.

The OEM number for the passenger side cover is 51111967470. The ECS part number is ES#73965. $28

I did a quick search and it looks like the driver side cover is OEM part number 51111967469. ECS part number is ES#73964. $28

The metal clips for the cover pieces are OEM number 51711910956. The ECS part number is ES#127577. $0.99 each (2 per cover)

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car