WTB Original Complete A/C Unit.

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

KBmw24

WTB Original Complete A/C Unit.

Post by KBmw24 »

WTB : Original Complete A/C unit for 1986 E24 M635CSI.

This car is EU car (RHD). No A/C. We looking to install A/C unit. (Car is in Thailand)
Last edited by KBmw24 on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: WTB Original Complete Climate Set

Post by ron »

Which is what??
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
Sharkski

Post by Sharkski »

I am confused also, what is a complete climate set?
KBmw24

Post by KBmw24 »

Sorry,

We are looking for Heating /AC Condition Unit.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: WTB Original Heater and A/C Conditoning Unit.

Post by Pod »

I've probably got one, but I'm on the other side of "The Pond" !

Let me know if you can't find one over there..........
dmac156

Post by dmac156 »

Are you looking for the compressor, the evaporator, the controls, what exactly do you want?
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

dmac156 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:51 am Are you looking for the compressor, the evaporator, the controls, what exactly do you want?
I read it as the matrix which locates over the transmission tunnel.
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Still not sure of what he wants
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
KBmw24

Re: WTB Original A/C Conditoning Unit.

Post by KBmw24 »

I would like to have complete A/C unit.

Our E24 is EU car, The car have no A/C unit.

We need all parts of A/C systems unit as follow:
- A/C Unit
- Housing
- Tube (pipe)

Please see photo of our car.
Attachments
1542057270143.jpg
1542057270143.jpg (148.22 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
1542057271986.jpg
1542057271986.jpg (94.6 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
1542057280202.jpg
1542057280202.jpg (115.45 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

My thoughts are, as I look at your car, that the parts you need have to be right hand drive specific as I am not sure the headers and steering mechanism on a right hand drive car will allow the compressor mounting from a left hand drive car to fit. I think you need to do some research first on realoem and see if the parts from a left hand drive car cross over to a right hand drive car and then you will know specifically what you need. The compressors will be the same and easy to source. Lines will be easy and can be made by any a/c shop. It comes down to you knowing exactly what you need and then you can start looking from there. Right now you are shooting in the dark. If you want to have someone who is knowledgeable do it, take the car to Carl Nelson at La Jolla Independent BMW in La Jolla. He knows the old cars inside and out and does beautiful restoration work as well and will be able to do the conversion properly for you.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
KBmw24

Post by KBmw24 »

bpoliakoff wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:56 pm My thoughts are, as I look at your car, that the parts you need have to be right hand drive specific as I am not sure the headers and steering mechanism on a right hand drive car will allow the compressor mounting from a left hand drive car to fit. I think you need to do some research first on realoem and see if the parts from a left hand drive car cross over to a right hand drive car and then you will know specifically what you need. The compressors will be the same and easy to source. Lines will be easy and can be made by any a/c shop. It comes down to you knowing exactly what you need and then you can start looking from there. Right now you are shooting in the dark. If you want to have someone who is knowledgeable do it, take the car to Carl Nelson at La Jolla Independent BMW in La Jolla. He knows the old cars inside and out and does beautiful restoration work as well and will be able to do the conversion properly for you.
Thanks for your advise.
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: WTB Original Complete A/C Unit.

Post by bpoliakoff »

I won't do all of your research for you, but a quick search shows that the compressor mounting bracket, still available new from BMW and readily available used, is the same on a right hand drive M635 as on a left hand drive 635. So my guess is the parts will interchange. New aftermarket compressors, much superior to original BMW units are available from Seltec or Selden, the mounting brackets I just answered. You will need a different HVAC panel or at the least the switches to fit into yours and a wiring loom. Best bet is to find someone parting a car and buy the complete system. I think you are asking in the wrong way. You need everything from the condensor, the compressor mounting hardware, the complete evaporator box complete with evaporator and fan and complete wiring harness as well as the HVAC panel. Finding one from a Euro may be difficult and maybe you can reach out to Pod one of our knowledgeable members in England who could probably sort the whole package out for you. My feeling is you may not know enough on the subject to piece a system together and should buy a complete package from someone.
KBmw24

Post by KBmw24 »

bpoliakoff wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:41 pm I won't do all of your research for you, but a quick search shows that the compressor mounting bracket, still available new from BMW and readily available used, is the same on a right hand drive M635 as on a left hand drive 635. So my guess is the parts will interchange. New aftermarket compressors, much superior to original BMW units are available from Seltec or Selden, the mounting brackets I just answered. You will need a different HVAC panel or at the least the switches to fit into yours and a wiring loom. Best bet is to find someone parting a car and buy the complete system. I think you are asking in the wrong way. You need everything from the condensor, the compressor mounting hardware, the complete evaporator box complete with evaporator and fan and complete wiring harness as well as the HVAC panel. Finding one from a Euro may be difficult and maybe you can reach out to Pod one of our knowledgeable members in England who could probably sort the whole package out for you. My feeling is you may not know enough on the subject to piece a system together and should buy a complete package from someone.
Thank you very much bpoliakoff.
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Are you in the states or in Thailand? If in the states I can recommend one or two places or people in CA who will be able to solve your problem. If in Thailand then reach out to Pod as I suggested
KBmw24

Post by KBmw24 »

bpoliakoff wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:28 pm Are you in the states or in Thailand? If in the states I can recommend one or two places or people in CA who will be able to solve your problem. If in Thailand then reach out to Pod as I suggested
I am in Toluca Lake,CA but the car is in Thailand.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

I guess your car must be ex-UK?

Looks to be in good condition!

Can you tell us the last three digits of the VIN?

If you need a complete aircon set-up I probably have it available. As Bert says, you would be better to source a new compressor which runs on r134a, rather than have to ship a heavy old r12 one all the way to Thailand - which would then have to be converted to run r134a.

I have shipped stuff out to the Far East in the past, but it can be expensive!

Let me know if you need my help?
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Probably still run R12 in Thailand. When I bought my new Seltec it was an R12 unit and I have 6#s of R12 sitting on the shelf that will be used in part to charge my system when ready
KBmw24

Post by KBmw24 »

Pod wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:11 am I guess your car must be ex-UK?

Looks to be in good condition!

Can you tell us the last three digits of the VIN?

If you need a complete aircon set-up I probably have it available. As Bert says, you would be better to source a new compressor which runs on r134a, rather than have to ship a heavy old r12 one all the way to Thailand - which would then have to be converted to run r134a.

I have shipped stuff out to the Far East in the past, but it can be expensive!

Let me know if you need my help?
VIN # WBAEExxxxxxxxx091
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

KBmw24 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:30 pm VIN # WBAEExxxxxxxxx091

Oh, so that's what happened to it! I launched threads on it back in November 2016 and March 2017.

By the way, what happened to the "brand new £4k leather interior" that was advertised as being fitted :-k