New location

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Blanealexander

New location

Post by Blanealexander »

Hey everyone, I will be moving to Gainesville Georgia in about a month and a half and I don't know anyone in the area. Is there anyone on here thats in that area? Id love to find a local BMW club or at very least a few enthusiasts to hang out with and a place that I can trust with my car for work! thanks!
henryc

Post by henryc »

I'm surprised there has not been a reply to your post!

I use to live in the Atlanta area many moons ago- if you're moving to Gainsville, Road Atlanta is just down the street!

If you need used parts and someone to do service work on your E24, you should investigate Strictly German in Braselton. I bought some used stuff from him a long time ago and I believe he is still in business. PH 706-654-9103.

/henryc
Currently in the garage:
86 635 CSi
91 850i
91 325i Cabrio
74 MGB/GT
74 Alfa Romeo Spider
08 S2000
06 Volvo V70 T5
02 MB CL600
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ping Alpinacsi . . .

Post by GRNSHRK »

I think that Todd lives outside of Atlanta, and quite frankly, I have no idea if that's even close to Gainesville, but he's a wealth of knowledge and may be able to get you hooked up :-k

:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Blanealexander

Post by Blanealexander »

henryc wrote:I'm surprised there has not been a reply to your post!

I use to live in the Atlanta area many moons ago- if you're moving to Gainsville, Road Atlanta is just down the street!

If you need used parts and someone to do service work on your E24, you should investigate Strictly German in Braselton. I bought some used stuff from him a long time ago and I believe he is still in business. PH 706-654-9103.

/henryc
Thank you so much! and yes, I'm really excited to have the racetrack so close!
Blanealexander

Re: Ping Alpinacsi . . .

Post by Blanealexander »

GRNSHRK wrote:I think that Todd lives outside of Atlanta, and quite frankly, I have no idea if that's even close to Gainesville, but he's a wealth of knowledge and may be able to get you hooked up :-k

Google maps says atlanta is about 53 minutes away! thanks a lot! Ill look todd up.
Alpinacsi

Post by Alpinacsi »

Yes, I am in the area. Listed as Atlanta but specifically Cumming. So I will be on just the other side of the lake from Gainesville. I live just off of 400 and both of my businesses are just off 400.
Alpina B9 coupe (Alpinweiss)
Alpina B9 sedan (Alpinweiss)
Alpina B6 clone in process (Alpinweiss)
Mini S (had to go: it was Electric Blue)
Rover Disco 1 (Alpine White)
Blanealexander

Post by Blanealexander »

[quote="Alpinacsi"]Yes, I am in the area. Listed as Atlanta but specifically Cumming. So I will be on just the other side of the lake from Gainesville. I live just off of 400 and both of my businesses are just off 400.[/quote

thats awesome! We should meet up one day! ill be moving mid december. ill PM you
Blanealexander

Post by Blanealexander »

Well, I took a trip this weekend to visit the school and Gainesville Georgia and as I was traveling through braselton, I stumped across these!!
ImageIMG_0403 by baschwindt, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0399 by baschwindt, on Flickr

the Red Euro M car with 160,000 on the clock, didn't look to see if it was km or miles. AND THE GREY ONE HAD 3200 on the clock…

then down the street a little farther was a German car Graveyard with piles and piles and piles of Vintage bmw. e21 and 2002s the most common
Alpinacsi

Post by Alpinacsi »

The junkyard is Bobby Thrash's place: Strickly German. Not sure about the other place with the e24s.
Alpina B9 coupe (Alpinweiss)
Alpina B9 sedan (Alpinweiss)
Alpina B6 clone in process (Alpinweiss)
Mini S (had to go: it was Electric Blue)
Rover Disco 1 (Alpine White)
Blanealexander

Post by Blanealexander »

Alpinacsi wrote:The junkyard is Bobby Thrash's place: Strickly German. Not sure about the other place with the e24s.

It was a collision center called Zintars or something a couple miles west of strictly german
slofut

Post by slofut »

Y'all have me so missing Road Atlanta and the Mitty!
I went there yearly for about 10yrs. then missed a few years, went back last year. What a fabulous place and one of the most incredible race weekends you can have! I hope I don't have to miss another. You are so lucky to be up there!
'87 635csi, 5sp man, dk blu on pearl beige
'88 635csi, auto, black on grey
'63 BMW Isetta
'75 XJ6C, 2dr, warm 350
'86 XJ6, th700r4
'75TR6
'64 Olds 88 conv
"68 T120 Bonneville