Another uk m635 on eBay

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

M6 chris

Another uk m635 on eBay

Post by M6 chris »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141455215547
They just keep coming out of the woodwork! Looks a good original car at a reasonable price rust doesn't look too bad on the pics but we all know that doesn't mean it's not hiding other horrors!
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

I could be wrong but I think this car has been for sale on carandclassic for about 4 years now. I asked on here whether anyone had seen it last year or the year before and from the pictures it seems it has only got worse.

Edit. I asked here...

viewtopic.php?t=20821&highlight=cirrus

And I think the same car is mentioned here...

viewtopic.php?t=15717&highlight=cirrus
2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring (1 of 12 rhd)
1997 Alpina B12 5.7 L (1 of 2 rhd)
1995 Alpina B10 4.6 Touring (1 of 1 rhd)
1985 BMW M635CSi (1 of 524 rhd)
1982 BMW 635CSiA (1 of 100's left from the 1000's made and still valiantly fighting against a rusty grave)
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

I thought it must have been this one - and it was :lol:

Ha! Three and a half years later, price increased by nearly two grand. You have to admire the guy's perseverance.

Shame though, as the car deserves to be saved, if only for the fact that its probably the latest one which is ever to reach the market at anything approaching a reasonable asking price :-k
M6 chris

Post by M6 chris »

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41451
I think this explains why it was for sale for so long, avoid like the plague.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

M6 chris wrote:http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41451
Well, I just read the complete thread. I'm really pleased we don't get posts like that on this forum. To be honest, I feel rather sorry for the guy. Everybody is getting on at him.

I've been buying second-hand cars for 39 years now. I've owned hundreds. The one golden rule is to go in with your eyes open. If you don't know much about cars, take someone who does. Its no good complaining after buying the car. We've all made mistakes and bought a bad one. Just put it own to experience and try not to get caught again :wink:
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

M6 chris wrote:http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41451
Nothing too out of the ordinary there IMHO. 'Trader' willing to to bend the truth or even tell lies to make a sale, buyer not alert to the way the 'trade' works, 'Trader' aggressive and dismissive after a sale and naive buyer heartbroken.

Getting back to the car itself, I would estimate about £5k absolute minimum to put it even close to right and that level of investment would, from my point of view, depend on absolute confirmation of the timing chain history.
2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring (1 of 12 rhd)
1997 Alpina B12 5.7 L (1 of 2 rhd)
1995 Alpina B10 4.6 Touring (1 of 1 rhd)
1985 BMW M635CSi (1 of 524 rhd)
1982 BMW 635CSiA (1 of 100's left from the 1000's made and still valiantly fighting against a rusty grave)
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Well, it didn't sell, so he relisted it and then reduced the asking price to £11,995. Still didn't sell, so its gone back on for £12,500 :shock:

I guess he's working on the basis that he can keep reducing it if he relists at the higher price. If he really wished to sell it (and let's face it, he's been trying to for years), then he should be dropping the price considerably.

Most dealers I have known take the attitude that owning a car for too long ties up useful cash which could be generating profits from other deals :-k
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Now reduced to £11,500.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Unsold at £11.5K