Driveway find Euro E24?

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

kylefav390

Driveway find Euro E24?

Post by kylefav390 »

This looks like a decent project for someone. Recaro interior, manual, and Euro Just found it browsing local listings. Hopefully facebook marketplace links are allowed. I'm in no way affiliated.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... =undefined
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Driveway find Euro E24?

Post by bpoliakoff »

Finding a computer for that car will be a bitch unless it has been molested and doesn't have original motor with a US ecu. I have an 81 Euro and know these cars well and in all probability that car is a first year Motronic one year only production. Absolutely something to beat the seller up with. $1500 would be right and if someone has the will power a great car to start on. It should have an M90 motor and dogleg gear box If I wasn't so far away i would go after it.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

I don't think that's an 81 :-?

Appears to have a series II dash (at least the check panel is...) and it has a wrap around rear bumper, both would indicate that it's a series II :-"
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bpoliakoff »

Good eye. Could be a late 81 build when they started throwing what ever was in the factory on end of year models?. This does show up now and then. If an 82 it is not an M90 as last year was 81. I have one and hard to identify as it doesn't have raised water passage. Vin on block matched so was 99.9% sure and when I tore it down for rebuild, numbers on piston confirmed it None the less if original motor it is a 218hp goodie.
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
Jerry635CSI

Post by Jerry635CSI »

It is definitely not 81, probably it is a late 82 or more likely 83 model year :-k I have an early 82 Euro 635CSI and it has different seats, ASS. My friend has the same seats in his 83. The car is interesting, it will be a good base for restoration, I hope somebody will save it :-)