seat/mirror memory control unit

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

M6 chris

seat/mirror memory control unit

Post by M6 chris »

Need a memory contol unit for my m635. Part no 61311371961. Also belive i was fitted to e23 7 series and e28 5 series.hope somebody can help.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Are you sure you have the correct p/n? Doesn't show up on RealOEM?
M6 chris

Post by M6 chris »

Yes sorry it is wrong the number is 61311371916
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

Hi Chris, I think I'll have one, but as it'll effectively render a set of seats unworking, it'll not be cheap.

I may have another solution. If your seats don't work, I have made up a couple of relay strips -10 relays in total - that can be plugged into your harness and seat motors. Everything works apart from the memory. There's a bit of work involved, but it is tested and it does work all the seat functions. The relay strips cost me ?35 each and you need two relays per seat function a total of ten relays in two strips - ?70. I can put you on to the supplier if you like?
M6 chris

Post by M6 chris »

Thanks for that soloution, but all my actual seat functions work,its just my memory function and my mirrors that dont work,i assume that the mirrors move with the seat when the memory button is pressed thats why i wanted to swap a control unit over just to see if that was the problem,but it seems they are quite rare ! One thing you could help me out with is a mirror switch if you have one, i have tested mine with a multimeter and think it is ok but its a cheaper option to try than the control module at the moment. Thanks.
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

M6 chris wrote:.... but all my actual seat functions work,its just my memory function
The memory function only works with the ignition on. Have you physically checked that the wiring to the module is good?
M6 chris wrote:...i assume that the mirrors move with the seat when the memory button is pressed
As replied elsewhere there is NO connection between the memory module and the mirrors.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
M6 chris

Post by M6 chris »

As far as i can tell the wiring is good it has had a repair to it in the past but its sending power to it, as i unplugged the module and then none of the seat functions worked and then pugged it back in and the seat worked. Iam no auto electrician. It just seems to me that the none working mirrors and memory seat function is linked, obviously when i found the melted door looms i assumed this was the problem but since changing them nothing has changed. If somebody can tell me which wires i am suppossed to be testing at the mirror switch and seat module and what readings i should be expecting it would help me diagnose the problem a bit easier. To be fair i took the seat module apart and checked the board for any dry joints or blown resistors and it all looked perfect. Iam assuming the reason the wires in the door melted originally due to a frayed wire contacting the body,but i thought as the memory seat module,mirrors,back up light ( whatever that is )and seatbelt warning gong are all linked to fuse 17 and are all not working the frayed wire could have caused them to blow? Not sure if there are any other relays to check which control any of these things as that would be an obvious thing to check......sorry gone a bit of track i know this should be posted in a different section :D
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

M6 chris wrote:...back up light ( whatever that is )
Reversing light.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
M6 chris

Post by M6 chris »

?? the reverse light works as far as i know are they linked?
M6 chris

Post by M6 chris »

Still after a control module and a memory switch?
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

The seat loom goes from the accessory socket under the carpet and exits at the transmission tunnel where it goes to each seat. It can be removed without opening the doors - not really, but it is self contained and goes nowhere near the door loom.

I can supply a control module and a seat memory switch, but I think you'll be wasting your money.

Do the mirrors make any noise at all?

If everything that isn't working is on one fuse - you've got your starting point. Is there 12v at both sides of the fuse?

What else isn't working? Central locking? windows? Pull the plug at the mirror switch. The green and black wire marked "4" should have battery voltage with the ignition on.
M6 chris

Post by M6 chris »

Yes everything else is working at the doors i will check the things you suggested and see if i can figure it out from there,just out of interest what would you want for the parts if i do need them,thanks chris.
M6 chris

Post by M6 chris »

Ok got 12v at the fuse,but not at the connector that plugs into the door loom i cant find a decent wiring diagram to confirm its a single wire from fuse board to the connector so i have to assume there is a break in the wire,not willing to rip my loom apart so guess i will have to live with it
cecotto479

Post by cecotto479 »

Put 12v directly from the battery to the green/black on the door side of the door loom connector. If the mirrors work, the problem is in the loom between the fuse and the door loom connector
M6 chris

Post by M6 chris »

Result everything is now working, i decided last night the only way to fix this was to cut the loom open thankfully i chose the right place to start and found a bunch of cut wires obviously been done as the melted door loom to the mirror switch kept blowing fuses, connected them all back up and everything works even the memory seats :D