Exhaust hints?

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Glen

Exhaust hints?

Post by Glen »

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my exhaust parts...
However, now I am wondering if there will be any hiccups with installation, since I had to use two separate manufacturers.

I am using the Magnaflow catalytic converter section, and the Billy Boat Exhaust tail section.

Do any of you forsee any fitment issues I may run into?
or extra hardware I should get?

Thank you all in advance for any answers you may give. :)
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Exhaust hints?

Post by GRNSHRK »

Glen, no answers, but I am going to move your post to the correct forum :-k

My guess would be that you won't really know what you're up against, until the parts arrive and you have a look see :-?

I would expect some custom fab work will be in order, most likely by a competent exhaust shop [-o<

Good luck \:D/
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Da_Hose »

Hey there,

As Bobbo points out, you are most certainly looking at custom fabrication, it's a matter of how extensive. If you are leaving the headers in place, and taking everything off from the flanges back, and you are doing the work yourself, then I hope you have a lift, or space enough to get the car 3 or so feet off the ground. You can really struggle with fitment if you can't get under the car and spot weld things in-situ to get angles and spacing correct.

If a shop is doing the work, then you have no worries.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
BUELLRIDER

Post by BUELLRIDER »

I want to see and HEAR it.
1981 635 German FRANKEN6ER gray market RIG, 1988 635,91 Nissan 240SX , 1993 Harley 1340ccFXR Super Glide, 2000 M2 Buell 1200cc.
Fedaykin633csi

Post by Fedaykin633csi »

I’m not sure which car this is going to be installed on, but I just threw a 535i Magnaflow full system on an 83 633CSi.

It fit nearly perfectly all the way back with these caveats: the rear silencer can is a little too tall for the space it needs to go in, it hugs the trunk floor pretty tight, and of course the tailpipe is not offset as it should be on an e24. The only issue with the downpipe/cat is the o2 bung is set up for the later Motronic o2 sensor, and the bung is under the car not on the downpipe.

This was the Magnaflow #16555, hope it’s helpful!
1983 633CSi 5-speed Burgunrot, a slow burn 645CSi project
1984 528e Saphirblau
CSGuy
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Post by CSGuy »

Maybe too late to help but Turner Mtrspts must have just received a Super Sprint shipment. 3 days from order to receipt and they were even able to supply the correct euro version for my 85 M635...