Clearing out an accumulation of parts

Please add any links you have found that are useful to the group. Please submit why this link is helpful and a short description.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

plip1953

Clearing out an accumulation of parts

Post by plip1953 »

Over the years I've replaced a lot of cosmetic parts on my '88 635 CSiA Highline with new, but saved any that were still in decent condition (all under 70k miles) and accumulated others I thought might be useful to have (eg extra wheels with a view to refurbishment) etc.

Anyway I've now reached that stage in life where it's pretty certain none of them will be get used and I really can't be bothered to start trying to list them all on internet market sites.

So essentially my question is whether there is anyone in the UK who might be prepared to take them off my hands (foc) as a job lot? The alternative is probably a skip or multiple trips to the local dump, which seems such a waste/shame. Some of them are pretty sizeable eg bumpers, wheels, exhaust, so a van would almost certainly be required.

There's no desperate urgency to this, and in any case quite a lot of the parts aren't easily accessible until I can move the car, which isn't planned until the weather gets a lot better.
Phil

1988 Highline 635 CSi
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Clearing out an accumulation of parts

Post by GRNSHRK »

Phil, thinking about moving this post to another thread, although I'm really not sure which one would be appropriate :-k

Lemme know what you think, but the "useful links" forum isn't likely going to get you much mileage :roll:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
plip1953

Post by plip1953 »

GRNSHRK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:02 pm Phil, thinking about moving this post to another thread, although I'm really not sure which one would be appropriate :-k

Lemme know what you think, but the "useful links" forum isn't likely going to get you much mileage :roll:
Feel free to move - I wasn't sure where was most appropriate for it to be posted.
Phil

1988 Highline 635 CSi
Hoarder

Post by Hoarder »

Hi Phil

I have sent you a pm hopefully you still have some of the parts and can help a fellow e24 highline owner out :wink: