New Member From VA ,78' 633CSi Cirrusblau, 5spd

Document your Sixer project here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Matt64246

New Member From VA ,78' 633CSi Cirrusblau, 5spd

Post by Matt64246 »

Hello everyone. Matt from Richmond, VA checking in. Been lurking around for a while and figure it was time for a proper introduction. Had a Series 1 633CSI somewhat fall in my lap back in 2018. I'm a Ex BMW tech (indy) and had a customer I was pretty close with started bringing me his cars to my house (few air cooled Porsche's,MBs, M635CSI M88, 633CSI). I did alot of work to the 633 and kinda fell for the car. I asked him to let me know if he ever decided he wanted to sell it. Well I know have the car ; granted PO now wants to buy it back after seeing what i've done to it. Been on the fence recently whether I want to sell it or not (have a little one and its hard to devote the time I would like to towards the car) . It does put a smile on my face every time I drive it though!!

1978' 633CSi, Fact. Non- Catalyst car. 10/78 build date. Cirrusblau ( was resprayed by PO). Currently has 147K on it. Getrag 265 5spd. PO used to do light Auto-X in the car, and claims 600lbs was shaved from the car. All smog, Thermal reactors/emissions equipment has been removed. Car pulls pretty strong for a B32. The car already had SS brake lines, Short shifter, Suspension Techniques F & R sway bars, Front Strut bar. Front Euro bumper was also on the car when I got it.

Ive done a few modifications to the car, nothing crazy.

- Reproduction vintage motorsports roundels
- Euro spec Clear corners w/ White LED bulbs
- Black grilles/kidneys, black rear tail lamp trim
- Hella Comet 550s
- Condor speed shop tall, weighted knob
- IE Polyurethane Rear subframe inserts
- Stop Tech Front rotors & EBC pads
- IE 8mm wires
- Garagistic Polyurethane transmission mount
- Custom Intake
- Custom Led Bi-Xenon projectors
- OMP suede corsica 330 wheel, on IE E9/E12 hub.

Recently acquired a set of Japanese Napre Japan ARE 3pc 16x7, 14mm offset wheels for it. Im in the process of refurbishing them now. I have hand polished all 4 outer barrels/lips. All faces have been blasted. One face is being coated in Gloss Black this week to see how it looks before doing the rest.

Still need to locate some lowering springs/shocks/struts for the girl (E12 based stuff isnt the easiest to come by). But very solid driver overall. I cant go anywhere without somebody asking about the car.

This is an awesome community for the 6series and I look forward to learning more about the chassis.