Turner Motorsport/ECS Tuning -- negative

Please take a moment to leave feedback for buyers and businesses you have dealt with. All complaints should be posted here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Mr._Graybeard

Turner Motorsport/ECS Tuning -- negative

Post by Mr._Graybeard »

I bought a large trim part from this vendor, which operates under both names, after contacting them to verify that the part was available at the posted price. I got confirmation on price and availability. After the part arrived, I noticed that an extra $200 had been tacked on the invoice without explanation.Attempts to contact the vendor by phone and email were unsuccessful. I can understand a shipping surcharge for a bulky product, but $200 rates an advance notice, or at least the courtesy of a return call or email.
1983 633Csi
1987 325ic
1995 540ia
et al.
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Turner Motorsport/ECS Tuning -- negative

Post by 86_6series »

That's not usual with
Turner, could they be closed for the holiday?
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by GRNSHRK »

Never dealt with Turner (yet) but have bought plenty from ECS Tuning and never had an issue [-X

Well, once (actually twice, as it turned out :roll: ) they shipped the wrong brake rotor for the cabrio :-"

Turned out that the stock was incorrect, and the third time, the sales guy actually (or claimed to, at least...) went back into the warehouse to ensure that the correct P/N was pulled =D>

But their service and response was good, they provided return shipping info, which they paid for, both times [-(

Sorry to hear, hopefully things will get resolved after the holidays [-o<
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black
Slownrusty

Post by Slownrusty »

I buy a fair bit of stuff from Turner and they have always treated me well. I've never had an issue talking to a real person when I call them.

Infact recently, they had a part that jumped up $35 overnight but when I cross referenced the same part on Pelican Parts, it was quite a bit cheaper, so they price matched Pelican and issued a credit.
Mr._Graybeard

Post by Mr._Graybeard »

Several folks are posting in Turner's/ECS' defense. I also have never had trouble from them in the past. In fact, they were my go-to when it came to factory parts. This time ... hmm.

I own four BMWs, and have ordered parts online for 20 years. It's a competitive business. Several mainstays, like Bavarian Autosport, have gone under recently. Conditions can change quickly in our uncertain times.

That said, I'll try again this week to get them to at least clarify why they tacked an undefined $200 surcharge onto a $675 part. And I will update this thread with the result.
1983 633Csi
1987 325ic
1995 540ia
et al.
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

Either way the lack of notice is concerning. $200 is not pocket change so you should have been given the chance to accept, cancel or modify.

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
anchored

Post by anchored »

I have seen tons of parts listed for sale on there that are NLA and have been for some time.

They just drop ship most of it from BMW warehouses

if buying an OEM part, consider calling and trying to get your local store to price match.
SHRKATK - Red 87' 635csi
M718ax

Post by M718ax »

Turner was a bit funny to deal with when I was looking for a exhaust system. Had to call SuperSprint in Italy and set everything up so my lazy distributor can place the order. That was my first and last time I dealt with them.
Saul over @ Maximillian Importing handles all my parts for all
My BMWs new and old. Very impressed with their way of getting things done.
84 M635CSi
Sbeaud

Post by Sbeaud »

I've recently been purchasing OEM/BMW parts from Maximillian as well. In my comparisons the price is usually lowest, and the service/delivery is fine. I'd recommend them for OEM parts.

Scott Beaudry
1988 M6