Impact wrench from Aldi UK

Basic needs related to restoring a 6er including
Electronics, Bodywork, Welding, Painting, Engine Swap, etc
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Impact wrench from Aldi UK

Post by Pod »

Recently bought a 1/2”cordless gun for only about £60. Works a treat and about £300 cheaper than a Milwaukee!
TimU

Re: Impact wrench from Aldi UK

Post by TimU »

12V or 18V?
Share a link to the unit if you can find one please?

They will probably come to Aldi Australia sometime soon.
04/1986 635csi Euro spec
Australian Delivered, RHD
635sharknose

Post by 635sharknose »

I would be very careful with those cheap tools from China.
A few years ago I was very lucky that I did not go blind.
A cheap Chinese random orbital sander, also from Lidl or Aldi has exploded at full speed. The rotor disc has collapsed and the metal parts have been catapulted through the plastic housing. My fingers were cut pretty badly and I had metal splinters in my face in several places. Luckily nothing in my eyes thanks to my safety glasses!
A month later, metal splinters were still coming out of my face!
No more Chinese tools for me! [-X I only buy quality tools from countries that care about safety.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (229.35 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
Paul
Instagram: @635sharknose
1987 635CSi Bronzitbeige
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

TimU wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:56 pm 12V or 18V?
Share a link to the unit if you can find one please?

They will probably come to Aldi Australia sometime soon.
I couldn’t cut & paste on my iPhone. Try looking at Aldi.co.uk and put ferrex wrench into the search box. That should work!
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

635sharknose wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:23 pm I would be very careful with those cheap tools from China.
A cheap Chinese random orbital sander, also from Lidl or Aldi has exploded at full speed. The rotor disc has collapsed and the metal parts have been catapulted through the plastic housing. My fingers were cut pretty badly and I had metal splinters in my face in several places. Luckily nothing in my eyes thanks to my safety glasses!
No more Chinese tools for me! [-X I only buy quality tools from countries that care about safety.
I agree with you and am very careful with Chinese Crap tools - however, last year I purchased a Bosch battery operated nibbler for some £350. German engineering quality eh? I was shocked and disgusted to find that it had “made in China” on the box! So what can we do when even a well-respected and expensive manufacturer such as Bosch goes down the Chinese route?
635sharknose

Post by 635sharknose »

Pod wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:37 am ...I purchased a Bosch battery operated nibbler for some £350. German engineering quality eh? I was shocked and disgusted to find that it had “made in China” on the box! So what can we do when even a well-respected and expensive manufacturer such as Bosch goes down the Chinese route?
That makes me really sick too! I really don't buy that kind of tools, even if it's from a reputable brand. If it is no longer available as “not made in China” I buy second-hand tools (preferably from Europe or the USA). I don't trust anything made in China anymore after I almost got blind.
Paul
Instagram: @635sharknose
1987 635CSi Bronzitbeige
olympia57
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by olympia57 »

Pod wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:21 pm Recently bought a 1/2”cordless gun for only about £60. Works a treat and about £300 cheaper than a Milwaukee!
I bought the Lidl equivalant model a couple of years ago and it's been a great tool too .
1981 635 series 1
Jlc

Post by Jlc »

635sharknose wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:23 pm I would be very careful with those cheap tools from China.
No more Chinese tools for me! I only buy quality tools from countries that care about safety.
I agree with you and am very careful with Chinese Crap tools - however, last year I purchased a Bosch battery operated nibbler for some £350. German engineering quality eh? I was shocked and disgusted to find that it had “made in China” on the box! So what can we do when even a well-respected and expensive manufacturer such as Bosch goes down the Chinese route?

While I grew up with SnapOn/Mac/etc. tools as the son of a mechanic, the reality is a lot of stuff is either Made in China or in XX from worldwide parts. I saw a video years ago that put it best - China can make great stuff or junk, it comes down to what you want to pay and they'll build it to a price point. I like Ridgid but their stuff is all HD made in China now; but still decent.

I avoid cheap tools because you get what you pay for; the only caveat I have is if it is a single use such as when I needed a nailer to build a fence and $60 for Harbor Freight fit the bill and lasted through the job (and a few others).

In the end you may not get for what you paid for but pay for everything you get.
85 635CSi Bronzit