Hvac panel removal

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Theantony

Hvac panel removal

Post by Theantony »

I think I’m going to have to remove the heater panel as I’m not getting any hot air flow through the footwell. Any one done this and any pics or guide available.

Thanks

Antony.
plip1953

Re: Hvac panel removal

Post by plip1953 »

Are you familiar with RealOEM? Some of the diagrams there might help you. There are Bowden cables that connect from the slider control levers to the screen, facia and footwell flap levers. Maybe one of these has broken?

On my car (88 Highline), to remove the section with the slider controls you need to remove a small black plastic blanking plate on the far right hand end (it prises out relatively easily) and also (less obviously) the small plastic piece on the lower left hand side (with heater graphics printed on), and these will reveal fixing screws. The two rotor knobs should pull off as should the three slider end caps. There may be other screws revealed once the rotary knobs are removed.

I did have a look at dash on my car before writing the above and am pretty confident that's it's correct, but it's many years since I actually had mine in pieces, and I really can't remember why I needed to do it in the first place lol
Phil

1988 Highline 635 CSi
Theantony

Post by Theantony »

Ahh great thanks, so relatively easy then. When you say this

“On my car (88 Highline), to remove the section with the slider controls you need to remove a small black plastic blanking plate on the far right hand end (it prises out relatively easily)”

Do you mean the piece that also reveals the screws that hold the instrument cluster. Mine is a euro so RHD.
plip1953

Post by plip1953 »

Theantony wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:59 pm Do you mean the piece that also reveals the screws that hold the instrument cluster. Mine is a euro so RHD.
That sounds right.
Phil

1988 Highline 635 CSi