Air direction levers.

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

SixerNick

Air direction levers.

Post by SixerNick »

My shark has one of the plastic lever ends broken off the air direct level. What is the solution for repair? Can I disassemble the unit and replace just the lever? Thanks for any information on this task.
Austintatious

Re: Air direction levers.

Post by Austintatious »

SixerNick wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:51 am My shark has one of the plastic lever ends broken off the air direct level. What is the solution for repair? Can I disassemble the unit and replace just the lever? Thanks for any information on this task.
Are you talking about the 3 horizontal sliders in the center dash?

If so, the plastic end is just a cap. The rub is that on the metal part that sticks out, there should be sort of a forked prong, with a tab on either side of the little LED bulb. These tend to break which means you need a whole new slider. If they are broken, the plastic caps will not stay put.

If that is the case

The panel is tricky to get out.

First you take a tall plastic cap off on the left side, that will let you access 2 screws.
Then you take off the temp and fan knobs, that lets you access more screws.
Then take out the warning blinker switch and AC switch, those will let you access 2 more screws.
Take off all the slider caps
You should then be able to pull off the front face and then slide out the inner mounting plate for all that stuff. Look up under it and you will see 2 screws holding on the bottom slider. Remove it. Then you can access the same 2 screws on the middle slider,remove it then you can access the same 2 screws on the top slider if necessary.

FOr the slider mechanisms, you have to take off the connector that powers the LED. Then for the cables, you take off a metal clip that is holding the sleeve in place. That will allow you to manipulate the cable and take it off the slider assembly.

I literally just did this... It is not too hard but it is tedious. Be careful not to break your mounting plate. If it is already broke, you might consider replacing it.