Headlamp / wash wipe restoration

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Headlamp / wash wipe restoration

Post by wattsmonkey »

I have never had a working headlamp wash/wipe on any of the 6ers that have come into my possession in the last thirteen-plus years.

Thanks to Ron for an extraordinary job restoring this set for my project car as well as patiently explaining to me how the wiring works!
IMG_3687.JPG
IMG_3687.JPG (129 KiB) Viewed 2413 times
I believe there may be other pairs available.

Thanks again Ron - you have some skills there,

Rob
"Most of it necessary; all of it enjoyable." LJKS
'84 635CSi, dogleg...itbs and supercharger????? Eaton Mess
BenM635i

Re: Headlamp / wash wipe restoration

Post by BenM635i »

Rob, they look excellent.. got me thinking now!

Have stockpiled all the bits to redo the plumbing (new pipe / one way vales / tee) for the washers and will investigate the wipers at the same time. Currently have nearside working so hope the offside wipers just need a good clean.

Well done - will give you a lot of satisfaction to have the system working properly.
'85 M635 #160
wattsmonkey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by wattsmonkey »

BenM635i wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:29 am Rob, they look excellent.. got me thinking now!

Have stockpiled all the bits to redo the plumbing (new pipe / one way vales / tee) for the washers and will investigate the wipers at the same time. Currently have nearside working so hope the offside wipers just need a good clean.

Well done - will give you a lot of satisfaction to have the system working properly.
Thanks Ben, but all I did was take a load of bits to Ron's - he did all the work!
"Most of it necessary; all of it enjoyable." LJKS
'84 635CSi, dogleg...itbs and supercharger????? Eaton Mess
BenM635i

Post by BenM635i »

Had a strong coffee and started re-plumbing the washer system yesterday.

Ran new lines to headlamp washers, cleaned the water reservoir and lubed all the wiper assembly in the motors.

Result, the headlamp wipers now work, only get one wipe on activation rather than what i think they should do i.e. 3 wipes. No activation of the washer pump though.

Next task, check pump is getting power when the RHS headlamp wiper activates and take it from there. Read up on how to get 3 wipes.

Then to plumb all the intensive + lines to the screen washers.

All the tube came from Wallothnesh and also picked up a bag of those oeticker clamps.. really fiddly things as they are too small for my pliers to clamp easily grrrrr.
'85 M635 #160