High Output Lights / Fall 2015 update, sale

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

MisterFixit

Priorities, priorities ...

Post by MisterFixit »

disqord wrote:Every time I see you lower your prices, I have to squeeze my wallet even tighter. I would love to get a set, but right now I've other priorities for my car (like getting it registered and street legal!)

GLWS
Chris

PS: Will the Euros plug and play into a Series 1? :mrgreen:
Yeah, I would guess you'd like to be driving it. :roll:
I gotta sell this set, somebody's going to get a good deal. I need to send some $$$ to a supplier / angel, who is also a VIP on the forum ... don't want to give myself a bad rep.
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
Lighting Upgrades for 2002, E3, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Headlight and Tail Light upgrades for maximum visibility. Headlight protection to keep lights intact.
MisterFixit

Euro set offer - going once ...

Post by MisterFixit »

Interest in the Euro set, that part of the auction may be ending soon!
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
Lighting Upgrades for 2002, E3, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Headlight and Tail Light upgrades for maximum visibility. Headlight protection to keep lights intact.
disqord

Post by disqord »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hopefully the new owner of those really nice taillights will enjoy them! I know I would!

Cheers,
Chris
1978 635CSi #5545154

MisterFixit

Gotta Move These Lights - are you ready yet?

Post by MisterFixit »

High Performance Lighting and Upgrades
Spring 2015 update and sale

Make your lights Bigger, Brighter, and More Reliable.

Upgrades and High Output Bulbs ON SALE- for better lighting on your shark.

High output bulbs and restored reflectors maximize light output of ALL lights in back. High output headlight bulbs show where you are going clearly and legally, without the risk of 'overwattage' lamps.

High Performance Upgrades to rear lights - Hella parts and wiring added to double the size, triple the output of tail lights and brake lights. Plug and play simple, super reliable. Everything uses stock parts, all bulbs nickel base, all guaranteed. Everything is tested 100% before shipping.

>No cutting wires
>No blowing fuses
>No toasting brake light switches
>No overloading wires
>No Wonky Check Panel warnings (false negatives)
>All removable to restore original operation and performance.

US Plus Four kit, normally $129, now $99 a pair (exchange, plus shipping) - add a second tail light and second brake light each side, 2 HO bulbs included.

Euro Plus four kit, normally $169, now $139 a pair (exchange, plus shipping) - keep rear fog lights, add a second tail and brake each side, 2 HO bulbs included.

Upgraded rear lights include reflector restoration to project more light out of lens, where it will do more good!

Custom lighting solutions my specialty, whatever your needs and within your budget. Add rear fogs to US cars? Blinking side markers? Sealed beam replacement halogens from Hella European catalog? EASY!

Headlight, Fog Light high output bulbs: H1, H3, H4, HB3/9011, HB4/9012, etc., stock watts.

Headlight Protection Film, Clear available both sizes (5.75, 7 inch), yellow tint film now available for 5.75 (all BMWs, not just E24)! Film for fog lights, too. Keep that expensive glass in one piece!

Extra 5% discount for 'Front and Rear' packages.

Above sale prices will apply to the first 5 pairs of tail lights, so delay if you dare... or join the club.

Thanks for reading, and for keeping the breed healthy!
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
zeltar

please pm me a price....

Post by zeltar »

Hi there, can u send me a quote for the US rears, shipping and a set of clear 5.75 head light film (4) please. Im located at 92882

Thanks

- Eric
1987 L6
DBCouper

Post by DBCouper »

This is a little late but no less sincere a thank you to Andy and his light bulb conversion.

I visited him last fall to get the bulbs changed and upgraded as he offers here and the result is fantastic. The light output is much greater and the heat is much lower. I couldn't believe how much degradation the heat had caused to the reflector surfaces.

Just a very satisfied customer saying Thank You! =D> =D>
MisterFixit

Another happy customer

Post by MisterFixit »

DBCouper wrote:This is a little late but no less sincere a thank you to Andy and his light bulb conversion.

I visited him last fall to get the bulbs changed and upgraded as he offers here and the result is fantastic. The light output is much greater and the heat is much lower. I couldn't believe how much degradation the heat had caused to the reflector surfaces.

Just a very satisfied customer saying Thank You! =D> =D>
You're welcome, DB.

He and another local and I had a 'clinic' in my driveway that day. I installed upgrades in an E28 fiver and an E24 sixer in an hour or so. What struck me as a strange - it looked like all three of us had CSR headlights. Whew! That's nearly $2000 dollars worth of excellent forward vision. NLA, of course.

Anyone else want to restore their tail lights, or improve their headlights? Sale prices still good, improvements are still fantastic, and should help avoid trouble with your rear end (the car, that is) - at least they can't say they didn't see you.
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
BillDe

Tail light conversion on 80 635csi euro

Post by BillDe »

Hey Andy my lights are still working and bright as ever! Thanks buddy! :D
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Another happy customer

Post by baders »

MisterFixit wrote:
DBCouper wrote:
Anyone else want to restore their tail lights, or improve their headlights? Sale prices still good, improvements are still fantastic, and should help avoid trouble with your rear end (the car, that is) - at least they can't say they didn't see you.
Yep, me (headlights). Still looking for an upgrade solution for RHD.
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
MisterFixit

Re: Another happy customer

Post by MisterFixit »

baders wrote:
MisterFixit wrote: Anyone else want to restore their tail lights, or improve their headlights? Sale prices still good, improvements are still fantastic, and should help avoid trouble with your rear end (the car, that is) - at least they can't say they didn't see you.
Yep, me (headlights). Still looking for an upgrade solution for RHD.
OK, let me ask the obvious question of my suppliers, see if they have an equivalent upgrade for Brits and their followers ... I'll let you know what I find!

Goes without saying, high beams are not 'handed' the way lows are, do you want better highs as well, or would better bulbs do the job?

And do your lights have protection - or do you need headlight film too?

Send me an email with your VIN, I'll look at your current setup and lamp types, see what I can find that will light up the world for you.
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

The problem is that all 4 headlights are cracked and dulled (but still working). Have been looking about for a solution for a while. Need the solution to be ECE left side drive and Australian Design Rules compliant. Other than that, I'm completely open to options. I have no problem re-wiring if need be. Car is 1986 (March), RHD. I will look to see which buckets and lights I actually have when I'm 2000km closer to the vehicle than I am now (few days) :D
1986 635csi LOCUTUS / Arktis Blau Metallic / Pearl Beige / S38B36/ Close ratio dogleg 5sp
2002 E46 M3 / Topaz Blau Metallic / Black Nappa / 6 speed SMG software tuned / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / CMP RACP reinforcement
MisterFixit

Post by MisterFixit »

disqord wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hopefully the new owner of those really nice taillights will enjoy them! I know I would!

Cheers,
Chris
Chris, don't despair, there are a new batch of Euro lights here, one of the sets asked me just this morning if they could go to a good home soon.

They are feeling rather useless just sitting here on the shelf, 'all dressed up and no place to go' as it were. What they really want to do is get installed in a classy European shark, and go on a road trip!

Still interested? Spring sale is still in effect ... send me a pm with your needs and budget, we'll make a deal you can live with.
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
MisterFixit

Aussie Design Rules, oy!

Post by MisterFixit »

baders wrote:The problem is that all 4 headlights are cracked and dulled (but still working). Have been looking about for a solution for a while. Need the solution to be ECE left side drive and Australian Design Rules compliant. Other than that, I'm completely open to options. I have no problem re-wiring if need be. Car is 1986 (March), RHD. I will look to see which buckets and lights I actually have when I'm 2000km closer to the vehicle than I am now (few days) :D
OK, that's a challenge! I tried the local (US) BMW dealer, he can't even find a headlight for that car. It might be fine to use Euro/UK high beams, they have the Euro 3-point mounting system; lows, don't know about the RHD/Aus. Rules other than being mirror image of US/LHD lows.

I'm going to post a topic asking for UK members to see if they can at least find a part number for you.

Meanwhile, take a look at the (linked) picture, see if this resembles your lights.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mod ... g=63&fg=05

It looks like all 4 are Halogen Reflectors, 4 H1 lamps, with a 4 watt 'city light' (UK 'village light') inside the low beam. Three point mounting, seems the same as Euro lights; that may be your only option unless you want to swap in a set of US buckets, but then where will you find a RHD low that fits a US bucket?

Since you are coming into Fall, maybe this is the right time to pull and photograph the lights front and back, and maybe you'll find a bloke in the motherland who can track down a matching UK light that will at least avoid raising the MOT's displeasure (or whatever your equal is...).

And when you get new lights, let's get you a set of four headlight films to keep them from a similar fate... I'm sure rock damage in the southern hemisphere is as unwelcome as it is up north.

email me when you get to the car, let's get this solved!
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
MisterFixit

Tail light performance upgrades, revisited

Post by MisterFixit »

OK, it's been a while, things have quieted down, so here's another reason to restore and upgrade your rear lights .... a SALE... see next post!

Thanks, all
Last edited by MisterFixit on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
MisterFixit

SALE - Fall Lighting Improvement - SALE

Post by MisterFixit »

Sale on High Performance Lighting and Upgrades

Fall is here, Winter is Coming, meaning Long Dark Nights, Slippery Roads, and Distracted Drivers fiddling with the Heat, Defrost, Radio, Phone, Wipers, GPS, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Lord knows what else ...

Be a surviver, give them every chance to avoid hitting your beloved Bimmer with Bigger, Brighter, More Reliable front and rear lights! Also the perfect time to upgrade lighting if your baby is tucked in for the winter.

Upgrade Kits include high output (HO) bulbs to maximize light output

>>Plus Two- (2 tail or 2 brake lights per side)

>>>>Plus Four- (2 tail and 2 brake lights per side)

>>HO Bulb Sets- available for tail, brake, turn, reverse, side marker, and headlight

>>>>Or whatever your needs and budget dictate... custom solutions are no problem.

Help your car stand out in a crowd! Save your assets and save money at the same time!

'Plus Four' upgrade, $20 OFF Thru October 4, 2015. Now just $109.

Headlight Bulbs- H1, H3, H4, all 10% OFF

Clear Headlight Protection Film, $2 OFF a pair, $5 OFF a full set

Don't become a victim of dark nights, slippery roads, and bonehead drivers, Fight Back with a Bright Backside!
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by ron »

I have some more rear light bulb holding units if still interested.
They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
MisterFixit

Salvage lights

Post by MisterFixit »

ron wrote:I have some more rear light bulb holding units if still interested.
Always interested, Ron, just very tight funds at the moment. I have 31 pairs of Hella headlights to ship out to a group of 2002 owners, plus installation kits to build and ship with them.

Maybe next month?

Thanks!
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
MisterFixit

Re: High Output Lights / Fall 2015 update, sale

Post by MisterFixit »

Back from the dead? No, just rediscovered this old post, still good information.

Here's a head scratcher for you - back in early 2018, I got some interest in a trade. A member had wanted to send me three pairs of old reflectors in trade for a restored upgraded pair with a couple spare bulbs... I think I replied with 'let's talk' in an email.

Just now, 22 months later, I got a 'read receipt' from said member from an email sent in February, 2018.

From the 'Twilight Zone?' Whew! You be the judge.

So, anyone need brighter, visually bigger, more reliable tail lights? Ditto, side markers? Ditto, head lights?

Andy
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Hey Andy hope all is well. Your headlight and foglight films work a treat on ole LOCUTUS.

I would be interested in a tail light upgrade for my Euro (Aussie) 635csi. What is on offer at this stage ? Prefer not to have the car down for any length of time because I'm only now starting to enjoy driving the bloody thing ! Core return would be great if available.

Oh. Can you let me know about any bulb upgrades for the head lights ? I found a set of original Hella reflectors and I put an ordinary set of 55w H1s in. Can you improve on those bulbs ?
MisterFixit

Post by MisterFixit »

baders wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:48 am Hey Andy hope all is well. Your headlight and foglight films work a treat on ole LOCUTUS.
Glad to hear it! Update on film- XPel quit making the thick stuff, so the remaining stock I have on hand is it.
I would be interested in a tail light upgrade for my Euro (Aussie) 635csi. What is on offer at this stage ? Prefer not to have the car down for any length of time because I'm only now starting to enjoy driving the bloody thing ! Core return would be great if available.
Core return is possible, certainly. I have several of the steel inserts for the rear fog sector, so I can make a US set into a Euro.

Email me with your needs and desires, I have many options. Notably, rear fogs working or not; extra brakes and extra tails; relays? What year is the car - power antenna location?
Oh. Can you let me know about any bulb upgrades for the head lights ? I found a set of original Hella reflectors and I put an ordinary set of 55w H1s in. Can you improve on those bulbs ?
Absolutely, much brighter and they draw the same watts. German bulbs of course!
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

MisterFixit wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:23 am Here's a head scratcher for you - back in early 2018, I got some interest in a trade. A member had wanted to send me three pairs of old reflectors in trade for a restored upgraded pair with a couple spare bulbs... I think I replied with 'let's talk' in an email.

Just now, 22 months later, I got a 'read receipt' from said member from an email sent in February, 2018.

From the 'Twilight Zone?' Whew! You be the judge.

Andy
That was me Andy. Sorry but I can't remember your email or if I responded. Most of my memory functions have been delayed, deleted or erased. I can't help it

My desire for a set of your lights is from the acquisition of a very clean 82 633 that I would like to keep for a while. Said car is now registered and insured along with sporting a 5-speed transmission. Brakes are next on the repair schedule but I would still be interested in a set of taillights at a later date as funds allow

Ralph

BTW - I still have lots of cores as evidenced by the next post. :lol:
Last edited by Ralph in Socal on Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

baders wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:48 amI would be interested in a tail light upgrade for my Euro (Aussie) 635csi. What is on offer at this stage ? Prefer not to have the car down for any length of time because I'm only now starting to enjoy driving the bloody thing ! Core return would be great if available.
Hello Paul. Good to know you're finally behind the wheel of Locutus. :D My suggestion is that you keep the originals with the car and just get a set from Andy for driving on. If a core return is necessary I can provide them to Andy for you. Much cheaper shipping and you get to keep the originals intact

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Ralph in Socal wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:14 pm
baders wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:48 amI would be interested in a tail light upgrade for my Euro (Aussie) 635csi. What is on offer at this stage ? Prefer not to have the car down for any length of time because I'm only now starting to enjoy driving the bloody thing ! Core return would be great if available.
Hello Paul. Good to know you're finally behind the wheel of Locutus. :D My suggestion is that you keep the originals with the car and just get a set from Andy for driving on. If a core return is necessary I can provide them to Andy for you. Much cheaper shipping and you get to keep the originals intact

Ralph
Thanks Ralph that could be an option. Let me know what that would cost.

Andy my car is a 1986 Euro (Aussie import).
No need for fogs in Oz.
Yes would like extra brakes/tails (discussed in previous pages ?)
Are relays required ? I'm hoping for simple plug and play if possible.
Power antenna is on the right rear guard.
What would be cost of outright purchase ?
What would be cost for core return from Ralph as above ?

Headlight upgrade;
Can you supply details of new H1 bulbs and cost ?

Let me know if you need more information. I'll email you as well.
MisterFixit

Post by MisterFixit »

baders wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:46 pm
Ralph in Socal wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:14 pm
Hello Paul. Good to know you're finally behind the wheel of Locutus. :D My suggestion is that you keep the originals with the car and just get a set from Andy for driving on. If a core return is necessary I can provide them to Andy for you. Much cheaper shipping and you get to keep the originals intact.

Ralph
Thanks Ralph that could be an option. Let me know what that would cost.
Andy my car is a 1986 Euro (Aussie import). No need for fogs in Oz.
OK, then I will use the rear fog spot for an extra brake light, SOP.
Yes would like extra brakes/tails (discussed in previous pages ?)
OK, I can double the brakes and tails as per usual.
Are relays required ? I'm hoping for simple plug and play if possible.
Relays are not required, but they are nice for several reasons.
1) Adding brake and tail lamps also adds current draw on the circuit, relays allow circuit components (fuses, wiring, switches, connectors) to remain at stock current levels.
2) Lower draw in an old circuit also increases voltage lost by resistance inherent in any circuit (and increases heating as well) which reduces output of the lamps. Kind of the opposite of what you want.
3) Relays take their power (volts X amps) from another circuit with a separate fuse that provides higher voltage to the lamps, increasing output.
4) Relay kits can be made 'plug and play' - they just include a few additional connectors to plug in. Wiring changes are done internally, you just plug in according to directions. No wiring is cut in the process. Plus, if you don't like the result, you can easily restore stock operation by unplugging everything.
Power antenna is on the right rear guard.
Thanks, what I expected.
What would be cost of outright purchase ?
I will work up two quotes for you - one with relays, one without.
What would be cost for core return from Ralph as above ?
Up to you and Ralph; all I need is a good core with all the bits and pieces in decent shape.
Headlight upgrade; Can you supply details of new H1 bulbs and cost ?
Yes, I can. They are German VOSLA brand, 55W 12V like all others, and make "110% More Light" than standard lamps. As with all light products, they provide the numbers, but because they are German, I suspect there is a grain of truth in their claim. They are highly recommended, and I have installed them; they ARE brighter, and whiter. Modern filament physics is I suspect the difference. $18 each.

There is a 'cosmetic' pale blue tint on the envelope that DOES NOT lie over the filament, you only see it from the end view of the bulb, the useful light radiates sideways. This cosmetic tint band lies out of the light path, so does not affect output.

One of my pet peeves is dark blue tinted bulbs that appear to have been dipped, with language like 'Super White' or 'Hyperwhite' (marketing crap).
Let me know if you need more information. I'll email you as well.
Thanks, I will get back to you later this week. Send shipping address and VIN in your email.
Andy
"Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"
baders
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by baders »

Thanks Andy great info as usual. I will go for the H1 replacements.

Ralph can you please let me know cost of one of your cores sent to Andy ?