FS: 1988 635CSI 164K 5 Speed

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

bavarianboomer

FS: 1988 635CSI 164K 5 Speed

Post by bavarianboomer »

1988 BMW 635CSI
3.4-L L-6 SOHC 12V,
Manual Transmission,
Black w/ Grey leather

Whats the current mileage?

167,4XX

Is it original mileage?

Yes, however the odometer stopped working while in storage between 2003 and 2017. Odometer gears fixed by Baltimore Bimmer in 2015.

Clean Carfax?

Yes

VIN #?

WBAEC7415 J0608474

Owner history?

I am the third owner, as far as I can tell. We purchased the car from the owner of a Baltimore men’s clothing store in 2005 with 154K miles. We had a German car collection at our farm in Baltimore, so this was a hobby car purchase. It ended up basically sitting in a dry barn collecting dust in Baltimore until 2015, when we had it serviced by Baltimore Bimmer, and moved to a garage in Potomac Maryland. We think the Baltimore clothing store owner purchased the car used from the original owner, who bought it new from the BMW dealership in Pennsylvania for $46K.

What upgrades from stock are on it?

None – beyond a recent paint reconditioning and respray we had done in 2019. I’m not sure if the car phone hookup is stock – but it is certainly appears original to the car. I also replaced the front and rear BMW roundels with stock replacements purchased through the BMW dealership. The original ones were faded and pealing. I still have the originals. I’ve also added a screw to the battery terminal, to quickly unhook the battery while in storage for longer periods of time.

Please note also that some of the photos don’t show the number badging on the trunk lid. The photos were taken before the badges were placed back on the car. Rest assured, there are number badges on the trunk lid!

Any factory documentation?

Yes – all original owners manuals, service guides, and radio security cards included. Complete tool set as well. DC Title in hand.

Does anything not work as it should?

Everything works as it should, all power seats work, AC and heat works, all four windows work, electronic door locks, sunroof, radio, wipers, etc works. We replaced the clutch slave cylinder after it stopped working in 2017

How is the paint holding up?

There were some very small rust spots around the truck lid that we had grinded out, filled and painted in 2019. The paint is basically brand new, as we had it completely resprayed in 2019 after the very small areas of rust remediation around the trunk lid.

Is the paint all original ?

No – see above. We had a complete respray done on the car in 2019 to remove small rust spots and repair some flaking on the hood and around the sunroof.

If you kept it what would you do to it ?

I would fix the leather driver’s side door handle, where the seams in the handle have come undone, and give the engine a really good detailing. I would condition the leather and clean the leather really well. The drivers side latch for the hood has surface rust and I would clean that off really well with a brush somehow or replace the latch.

Has it been advertised in the last year?

No.

Can we get a set of pictures?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

What were you realistically hoping to get for it?

$8500
brickwhite

Re: FS: 1988 635CSI 164K 5 Speed

Post by brickwhite »

may want to address the TRX tires if they are older than 10 years.
- 12 535i
- 92 325ic
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

Very nice 6. Desirable 5 speed with the M30B35.
I'd leave the tires for the new owner to decide.
Very reasonable price . Hold to it as best you can.
Don't let them nit-pick you to death.
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
Kamps16

Post by Kamps16 »

Did you sell this car? I have a friend looking for a black 5 speed.