Time to hit the road...

Pics...we want PICS!!!

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

shadofax

Time to hit the road...

Post by shadofax »

Hi all. I'm new to the forum, not new to the car :-)

I bought my first 633csi about 15 years ago. dragged it out from a field, calipers hanging off barely running. After about 6 months, new injectors, brakes, exhaust and a lot of TLC, I turned it into my daily driver and loved every minute. A few years later I had to sell my soul (marriage) and had to sell my love (633csi)!

Fast forward to 1 year ago, wife gone and After moving back to the Seattle area, after some looking I purchased my next love, a 1987 635csi. She's been my daily driver, working on her when I can (she's been sitting for the first time waiting for me to put in a new ignition switch that is setting on my desk).

Life is full of surprises...

Last month I made the decision to go back to my childhood stomping grounds in Virginia to help my daughter, who lives there, out of a bad situation and help her get back in college, etc...

Although originally I was going to leave my 635 here in the Seattle area for the winter, life has it's ways. With that said, next month I will be embarking on a rather quick, no frills cross country road trip. Although the odometer was stuck at 185k miles, she runs strong and, with the exception that anything can happen to a car this age, I have confidence. It will give me and her a lot of time to REALY get to know one another!

The best part of all this is that my daughter (33yo) is excited to spend the time learning and working with me, taking our time and slowly turning her into something to really turn some heads. She's excited to take weekend trips through the back roads, windows down stereo blasting and just enjoying the ride with me!

I grew up in the era of muscle cars and have a few I think are special. From the first time I laid my eyes on an older 6 series, though, I fell in love and have been ever since! My ultimate dream moving forward would be to let her have this one when I have an M635 some day :-)

Like the saying goes: Life's too short to drive boring cars!
My 1987 635csi
My 1987 635csi
IMG_0003.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 7073 times
1987 635 L
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Time to hit the road...

Post by hornhospital »

Welcome to the group! That sounds like a great adventure! One suggestion: I enjoy driving tunes as much as anyone, but when blasting the back roads nothing beats the music of a BMW inline six.
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
87Shark

Post by 87Shark »

Sounds like one he// of a good time! Welcome to the group! Good luck and keep us posted on the trip!
'87 L6, Arctic White
shadofax

Post by shadofax »

I agree with just listening to her purr... I do that more often than not - especially with a custom stainless Borla exhaust that was already installed when I bought her!
1987 635 L
635sharknose

Post by 635sharknose »

Great story! Nice to read your enthusiasm!
Have fun during your road trip.
Paul
Instagram: @635sharknose
1987 635CSi Bronzitbeige
NRVOUS6

Post by NRVOUS6 »

Awesome.

Depending on where in VA, we may be able to pair the sharks up. After i get mine running. 8)
85' BMW 635csi, 60k miles, Zinnoberot
01' DINAN 7 S62 Swap Six Speed - Stratus Grau
02' 4.6is DINAN X5 S2 Supercharged
833/3258 produced | 1/27 Dinan X5's
Greenville, NC