Blaupunkt period units.

Please add any links you have found that are useful to the group. Please submit why this link is helpful and a short description.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

ron
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Blaupunkt period units.

Post by ron »

Thought the following would be interesting to some. Think these pamphlets are late '88.
Look at the prices of the Berlin IQR88 and the Berlin head and by sheer coincidence, I have 2 sets for sale complete with leads, manuals etc.

They are ALWAYS rustier than you thought!!!!!!
'85 M #228
'87 M #367
'88 High line.
'10 X5
‘84 Alfasud 1.5 ti
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

That is fascinating! All the different designs and layouts! And EXPENSIVE!!! :shock: Thanks for posting that, Ron! Saved!

My wife's uncle worked for Blaupunkt for 30 years, and retired in 1998. He designed the buttons on the face of the radios! His name was Andreas ("Andy") Kress. I know he loved his BMWs and his job. When my wife and I married in 1980, he and his wife Mary came to the wedding here in the States. We had conversations about his job, and about his E21 he had at the time. In the mid-80s he bought an E30 M3 which he eventually rolled into a ball on the Autobahn (got out without a scratch). replaced it with another, then traded that for an E36 M3. I don't know what car he had when he died in the early 2010s, but if it was like all the previous ones, it was red. He said "there is no car but BMW, and there is no proper color for a BMW than red"
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"