1986 635CSi For Sale/Sold

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

bobinyelm

1986 635CSi For Sale/Sold

Post by bobinyelm »

I am retiring from my independent import auto repair business, and we are moving to a townhouse in Ahwhatukee, AZ that sadly has no garage, only a 1-Car carport, so taking my 635CSi is not possible since the car deserves, and has been always garaged.

It is a 1986 635CSi in Zennoberrot Red (Commonly called "Cinnabar") in VERY nice condition. Not a 100 pt Concours, but one that looks great in BMW Car Shows. Higher miles, but most all of the running gear has been rebuilt or replaced by enthusiast-owners.

It is a Pacific Northwest car with ZERO rust, and NO dash cracks as are often seen. The paint is just as nice as it looks, and the body is exceptionally clean of dings/scratches, and the windshield is perfect. The interior is also just as nice, with front seats recently recovered in leather, and the rear seats looking unused. Leather is soft and pliable.

Car has a thick stack of repair receipts from the last 20+ years, including an engine rebuild about 100k ago, recent new clutch kit, rebuilt shifter linkage, guibo, and the transmission was cleaned and examined. Quiet transmission shifts beautifully and has strong synchros. Head gasket had a slight coolant weep, so was recently replaced after checking that head and block deck were checked an verified to be perfectly flat and true. Zero cylinder ridge noted, and the cylinder honing marks were fully intact. One injector showed a slight leak, so all 6 were replaced with new (not rebuilt) Bosch high flow injectors. The engine runs strong and smooth, and naturally, consumes no oil.

The cruise control quit and I obtained a control module but have not installed it. Being the car is a PNW vehicle where summers are typically mild, the AC was not converted from R12, but that's an easy task

Suspension was rebuilt with all new control arms/ball joints and tie rod ends, and slightly lower stance H&R Racing Springs were installed. Ride is comfortably compliant on good struts, and handling on new 16" tires on 16" basketweave wheels is precise. No disappointments on this vehicle!

Call, Text at my listed 214-399-7804, or Email at [email protected] for specific photos and more information and ask for Bob. I am located in Tumwater just off I-5. I am not often right at my 360 landline phone, so please use the 214 number.

Bob

Link to Photo (Others available by Text, or Email)
https://bobinyelm-yahoo.tinytake.com/me ... height=791