Brembo Brake Conversion

Post in this forum for topics relating to suspension, steering, and brakes

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sideshowbob

Brembo Brake Conversion

Post by sideshowbob »

I have acquired a set of frontBrembo calipers from an £e8 728i which I intend to upgrade the front brakes on my 635 CSi.

In order to do this I have purchased a set of carriers from E28Goodies.com.

These are manufactured from billet aluminium and I don't think they come with mounting bolts !

I am trying to get everything together for my garage to fit for me, new discs, pads etc.

Has anyone on here done this conversion and if so do they recall which bolts and nuts they used ie diameter, thread size and length .

Thanks
sideshowbob

Re: Brembo Brake Conversion

Post by sideshowbob »

Hi worked it out for myself...M12x1.5x40 high tensile 10.9 bolts and similar locking nuts as well as a couple that are 55mm long.

Thanks
sideshowbob

Re: Brembo Brake Conversion

Post by sideshowbob »

At last......finally finished fitting reconditioned Brembo 4 pot calipers to front of my BMW 635CSi.

I had the car converted from auto to manual with a reconditioned 5 speed Gertrag gearbox, but after the conversion the standard brakes were woefully under performing.
These calipers with bigger discs and HEL braided hoses all round show promise. At present running pads and discs in...so will report back later on overall performance.

As an aside I have a set of standard front HEL braided hoses left over after conversion...I have put them in "Parts for Sale" if anyone is interested.