Royal National Park And Southwards May 10th 2014.

Pictures and talk about SharkFests in Australia with the E24 as the primary focus

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Paul Humpage

Royal National Park And Southwards May 10th 2014.

Post by Paul Humpage »

How about a drive through the Royal National Park and then continue southwards through Austinmer and wind our way as far as we want to go?

I propose a fairly leisurely day starting with a hearty breakfast. Those who want to eat then we will meet at Bundock Park in Clovelly which is a nice big car park right on the ocean at 8.30 on saturday morning. There are cafes aplenty in the neighbourhood, i might check them out if i get a chance before then so we'll sit down for something nice. Then head off through the rotten traffic and do the whole of the national park from Loftus on.

If anyone can't make it for breakfast or prefers a later start then we can meet up on the way but i'm not sure where and i'm certainly not sure of what time as breakfast will not be rushed.

After the park we'll stay on the coast road as it's lovely and go as far as we want to go and stop where we want to stop for lunch of a cuppa or whatever, i'm not fussed and can't be arsed locking anything definite in once we've done the coast road.

Here's a link to where Bundock Park is...

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=- ... 7&t=m&z=17

And here's a sort of route for those that like to look at monumental URLs

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=U ... 7&t=m&z=10

Any questions then ask away.

Regards
Paul
StephenW

Post by StephenW »

Count me in
garyw51

Post by garyw51 »

Me too! We will be back from our North West Tour on the 8th. I am driving my e12 so the e24 could do with the drive. Hopefully I should be able to do the full drive this time!
garyw51
1980 635;
1980 e12 M535; 1986 e28M535
82 e21 Oz Alpina; 82 e21 Baur
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Looking forward to seeing you there gents. I'm going to try and hunt down a decent cafe in the next fortnight so we're not wandering aimlessly around.

Regards
Paul
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Sounds good Paul, I'll be in.
GazM3

Post by GazM3 »

i dont think I can do another NSW trip. that would make it 3 in a month
BMW’s
84 E24 M635csi
90 E34 M5 3.6
94 E34 540i/6 SC E85
97 E36 M3 euro SC U/C
97 Z3 2.8 widebody

OTHERS
11 Audi S5 3.0 SC
19 VW Amarok V6
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

Hi guys - sorry I won't be able to make this one (truly, I would love to) as I've got lawns bowls pennants on each Saturday during May and June. Yes, I'm easing into retirement two decades early.... :D
Andrew

1986 635CSi
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Ha! No worries Andrew. In fact i've got knitting class the day after and Ellis is calling Bingo when gets home.

Where's me pipe and slippers?........
GazM3

Post by GazM3 »

They will have to call Andrew "Irving Zisman"
BMW’s
84 E24 M635csi
90 E34 M5 3.6
94 E34 540i/6 SC E85
97 E36 M3 euro SC U/C
97 Z3 2.8 widebody

OTHERS
11 Audi S5 3.0 SC
19 VW Amarok V6
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I went through the RNP yesterday on a 160km ride from home. Cool wet day but with no wind it made for a good day in the saddle. Hopefully the weather is a bit better for when we're in the 6ers though as the corners were rather crook. We had one chap come off on a bend coming down from Waterfall but he only had a few grazes as he hit the ground on the gravel edge rather than the bitumen.

Yours truly on the 2001 Lemond.

Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

nice pair of legs! No wonder you drive like a racer. Does this mean with all that leg power it's time to take your 6'er manual?
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Paul Humpage wrote: Yours truly on the 2001 Lemond.

Amazing. I've never seen you smiling before.

It looks to me like this is some sort of advertisement photo shoot of sorts for some obscure cycling magazine? Am I right? That would explain the smiling - you're just acting?
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

Nice legs indeed Paul, however, I'm more of a wheels man....besides I don't really want to be known for looking at men's pins.

Anyway, I've just found out that we're playing bowls at home on May 10th which means I will meet you all at Clovelly and do the first hour of the trip. After that I'll peel off and head home. I'll throw my bowls (and slippers) in the car in case anyone's interested...

Zzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzz 8)
Andrew

1986 635CSi
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I tried to scowl, indeed i did but i'd just made it down the hill from Waterfall station at 70 kmh on wet roads without falling off so i was rather happy. I'll admit to using the brakes rather liberally before the bends though.

Be good to see you there Andrew. Hopefully this week i'll have an idea of where we will break our fast as i've got a couple of weeks off work and will go in one morning for a recce.

Manuals are for girls and cheap little cars. Real men in German luxury cruisers drive autos so they can wave at the passers by with their free hand and roll a cigarette, maybe even change a compact cassette.

Regards
Paul
orlando

Count me in

Post by orlando »

Hi Paul et all,

I will be able to do this one!!! I was overseas when you guys did the last Bathurst drive and was a bit cheesed off that I couldn't make it.

Would be great to see you guys again. it has been a while since we did our last long drive which was very enjoyable indeed. By now surely you would have grown teeth again, Ellis would have put on at least 20 or 30 Kg and Ben would have cured his chronic snoring problem!!!

See you then, Orlando
aussie_bronzit
1985 M635CSI Right Hand Drive
M88 engine not S38
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

Excellent news Orlando, i look forward to seeing you again. I have grown those teeth but alas Ben and Ellis are unchanged.

Regards
Paul
AndrewHolt

Post by AndrewHolt »

Would be good to see you again Orlando. I saw your beautiful M6 at the last Show N Shine at Silverwater but couldn't find you. I've actually seen your M6 a few times in the city (on Kent St.) around 4pm-5pm in the last year or so.

Need to chat to you about where you got your wheels done (Artarmon??) as I need mine done.

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew

1986 635CSi
MrE
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MrE »

Hi Orlando,

It will be good to see you again. Make sure you bring your walkie-talkie mate, I remember last time you taught us all that naughty word, I use it on Paul all the time.

This is the best picture of Orlando's car I could find.

Regards,
Ellis.
orlando

Post by orlando »

AndrewHolt wrote:Would be good to see you again Orlando. I saw your beautiful M6 at the last Show N Shine at Silverwater but couldn't find you. I've actually seen your M6 a few times in the city (on Kent St.) around 4pm-5pm in the last year or so.

Need to chat to you about where you got your wheels done (Artarmon??) as I need mine done.

Cheers
Andrew
Hi Andrew, it will be good to see you too. I must have been at the back eating sausages!!! I drive the M6 to work almost every Friday, that's probably why you have seen it a few times in Kent Street.

No worries mate, we can chat about the wheels any time. I did them myself. Lot of time spent doing them but worthwhile.

Regards, Orlando.
aussie_bronzit
M88 engine not S38
orlando

Post by orlando »

MrE wrote:Hi Orlando,

It will be good to see you again. Make sure you bring your walkie-talkie mate, I remember last time you taught us all that naughty word, I use it on Paul all the time.

This is the best picture of Orlando's car I could find.

Regards,
Ellis.
Sure mate, it will be good to see you too. I'll bring the walkie-talkie and be prepared to learn more words you can practice on Paul!!

Agree, the M stripes look good in that picture!!

See you soon, Orlando.
aussie_bronzit
M88 engine not S38
TrevorB

Post by TrevorB »

I wish I could come along but my son has a rep footy game.
Have fun!
cambalzer

Post by cambalzer »

I love these casual drive days, but unfortunately I'm doing a Supersprint at Wakefield Park (near Goulburn) with the BMW Drivers Club.
Next time!
Attachments
Wakefield Feb 2014_ small.JPG
Wakefield Feb 2014_ small.JPG (184.9 KiB) Viewed 18020 times
Wakefield Feb 2014_ small.JPG
Wakefield Feb 2014_ small.JPG (184.9 KiB) Viewed 18020 times
Shipper 01

Post by Shipper 01 »

heading down towards the fish-hook?

What engine and hp are you running?
Paul Humpage

Post by Paul Humpage »

I drove down there this morning to check out the grub. There's a cafe right on the water which wasn't open this morning as i was there at 7 or a short walk up the road leads you to a lovely cafe where i had a big breakfast that was very nice indeed, so our options for tucker are open and wide.

The ocean was blue and waves were booming over the rocks on the edge of the car park, it was great but not a day for rock fishers.

See you all on saturday morning. Remember walkie talkies if you have them.

Regards
Paul
orlando

Post by orlando »

Bundock Park, Clovely at 8:30 it is!!!

Orlando.
aussie_bronzit
M88 engine not S38