President Donald J Trump makes history...

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

President Donald J Trump makes history...

Post by sharkfan »

President Donald J Trump makes history as the first U.S. President to be impeached twice.

I believe I have posted this in the correct place;

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.
2001 Alpina B10 V8 Touring (1 of 12 rhd)
1997 Alpina B12 5.7 L (1 of 2 rhd)
1995 Alpina B10 4.6 Touring (1 of 1 rhd)
1985 BMW M635CSi (1 of 524 rhd)
1982 BMW 635CSiA (1 of 100's left from the 1000's made and still valiantly fighting against a rusty grave)
Da_Hose
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: President Donald J Trump makes history...

Post by Da_Hose »

I agree it's very significant that his happened twice in his term.

A second notable fact is that in the few impeachments that have happened in our history, in this second impeachment he has the most members of his own party voting to do so. That's a pretty big justification that impeachment really is the appropriate response for his behavior.

Jose
1987 M6 - My dream car
hornhospital
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hornhospital »

I was going to put some members on my ignore list, and actually did so (that would have been a first for me), but then I opened my devotional passage for today and changed my mind:

1 John 4:20-21

"Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister."

You people are my brothers and sisters. I may not agree with what you say, but I love you anyway, and we can discuss our differences without resorting to personal attacks. That is called civil discourse, something that was sorely lacking in the now-deleted thread
Ken Kanne
'84 633CSi "Sylvia"; '85 635CSi "Katja";'85 325e "Hazel Ann"; '95 M3 "Ashlyn"
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

As I understand it, the main driving force behind the 2nd Impeachment is two-fold;

1. To stop Trump from talking about, inciting or carrying out further attacks on the U.S. Constitution before the inauguration of Biden on the 20th January, and
2. If successful, to enable a vote on dis-barring Trump from holding any further Public Office.

Of these number 2 is perhaps the most important for the populace of the U.S. as whether you support or oppose Trump their is no doubt that he has widened the divide between the two major voting party's in the U.S. today.

Plenty of Republicans during the House of Representatives hearing stated that now is the time for healing and coming together in the country after the events of the 6th January but I do struggle to see how Trump, with his historical rhetoric up to and including 6th January, can be seen to be a part of that healing.

Trump has, for his own reasons, repeatedly refused to accept the results of the November 3rd 2020 election and even in the face of sixty-plus failed Court cases failed to find any evidence of substantive electoral fraud that could back up any of his claims and even now would refuse to state the election result was fair. This position of his, whether stubbornness, belligerence, self-aggrandisement or simply delusional, it does not matter which, is completely incompatible with the stated wishes of his own supporters of wishing the country to heal and come together.

Whether Trump is unsuccessfully impeached or if Trump had not be impeached a second time do any Trump supporters believe that he would be part of the healing and coming together process that the U.S. very, very obviously needs?

During his entire 2016 campaign and time in Office Trump has always amplified the divide between Republicans and Democrats and used insults, derision and thousands upon thousands of lies to widen that divide and polarise the two political party's further and further apart and used that divide to further his own promotion and position.

Trump's second impeachment is important for quite a few reasons that will affect the U.S. going forward for many decades to come, long after Trump id dead and gone.

1. It establishes whether any President, as Commander in Chief, is allowed to forgo his inauguration vow and attack the U.S. Constitution and the mechanisms that carry out the U.S. Constitution.
2. It might remove one of the chief divisive people from the political scene to at least enable the healing process between very obviously polarised Republican and Democrat voters in the U.S.
3. It would draw a line under Trump's behaviour as President and serve as warning shot to any and all future Presidents as to where the limit is in terms of their rhetoric and abuse of the position of POTUS.

If Trump is not convicted I do not believe that he will either go quietly from Office and/or be part of the healing and coming together that the country so very desperately needs. Without a conviction he will be able to start his 2024 Campaign from the moment the Senate impeachment hearing ends and further stoke through more lies and derision the division between the two major political forces in the U.S.

Do any Trump supporters, past or present, believe that Trump can be any part of the healing and coming together process that Trumps Republican supporters in the House of Representatives state is needed following the events of 6th January 2021?

As an aside to all this it is estimated that there will be almost 20,000 U.S. soldiers and other armed Forces stationed in the U.S. capital for the next few weeks as a protection against the domestic violence and terrorism threat to the inauguration of the next U.S.President. That is more than double the amount of soldiers and armed forces stationed overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria guarding against terrorist threats there. This unfortunately speaks volumes about where the most significant terrorism threat is today in the United States.
1982 BMW 635CSiA (1 of 100's left from the 1000's made and still valiantly fighting against a rusty grave)
CSGuy
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Post by CSGuy »

The installation of Xiden, tells the world that america is nothing more than a nation of spoiled children choosing rhetoric over reality or results and with little concern for the principles shaping much of our modern world.

Attachments
trump-hey-nancy-own-0-and-2.jpg
trump-hey-nancy-own-0-and-2.jpg (40.27 KiB) Viewed 8937 times
CSGuy
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Post by CSGuy »

sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

CSGuy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:47 pm Meanwhile back to the uk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmO-TcgxKgY
You do realise that isn't the UK news don't you?
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Ha ha! You’re stuck with them now 🤣
CSGuy
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Post by CSGuy »

sharkfan wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:51 pm

You do realise that isn't the UK news don't you?
I thought you might see the relationship between Panahi's view of the inbred prince and his bitchess, and mine of British stupid and the non-contributing entitled of america.

Pod wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:57 pm
Ha ha! You’re stuck with them now 🤣
Unfortunately, we do seem to be stuck with those two idiots as xiden (the installed one) strives to justify his own spawn with the importation of more non-productive, backbiting whingers. :(

Attachments
EyeKyENXAAUJnhm.jpg
EyeKyENXAAUJnhm.jpg (97.59 KiB) Viewed 8873 times
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

hornhospital wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:26 am I was going to put some members on my ignore list, and actually did so (that would have been a first for me), but then I opened my devotional passage for today and changed my mind:

1 John 4:20-21

"Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister."

You people are my brothers and sisters. I may not agree with what you say, but I love you anyway, and we can discuss our differences without resorting to personal attacks. That is called civil discourse, something that was sorely lacking in the now-deleted thread
Amen Ken. Thank you very much

Ralph
There is a very fine line between "Hobby" and Mental Illness.

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
81 528i Kastanien 5-speed
88 528e Bronzit (Granpa Car)
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sansouci »

"Healing" is a therapeutic process and NOT a political one. The appropriate avenue to go forward is "compromise." Not compromise your ethics, but bend your position to advance the common good. The difficulty is determining what is the common good that is attainable. Take the gun issue for example. What is the common good? Preventing 30,000 deaths annually or having a well armed populace to oppose a tyrannical government. I am not suggesting that we have one, but would a heavily armed population prevent a military coup in Myanmar? I am not sure if the populace agreed with the military.
As a minor point, I hate the over used expression "common ground." It's become more like no man's land
Sansouci
84 E24 633Csi Auto, Bronzit/PearlBeige 6997510
93 E32 740il M60 Auto, Alpenweis/Ultramarine
60 528i M30 5-speed Green/Beige (crushed)
71 240Z 4-speed White/Blue (rusty & sold)
65 396 Chevelle 4-speed, Marina Blue/Black (stolen)
Jlc

Post by Jlc »

sansouci wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:12 am Preventing 30,000 deaths annually or having a well armed populace to oppose a tyrannical government. I am not suggesting that we have one, but would a heavily armed population prevent a military coup in Myanmar? I am not sure if the populace agreed with the military.
That is a key point. The assumption is the population would act in concert, more likely you simply have a civil war as factions fought on either side. Even the founding fathers had regulations in place concerning firearm ownership and use.
85 635CSi Bronzit
CSGuy
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Post by CSGuy »

sansouci wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:12 am "Healing" is a therapeutic process and NOT a political one. The appropriate avenue to go forward is "compromise." Not compromise your ethics, but bend your position to advance the common good. The difficulty is determining what is the common good that is attainable. Take the gun issue for example. What is the common good? Preventing 30,000 deaths annually or having a well armed populace to oppose a tyrannical government. I am not suggesting that we have one, but would a heavily armed population prevent a military coup in Myanmar? I am not sure if the populace agreed with the military.
As a minor point, I hate the over used expression "common ground." It's become more like no man's land
Wasn't the "common ground" in America once known as the middle class and yes I agree it's under attack from all sides and slowly becoming a thing of the past?
Ultimately, "Healing" is of no use to a divisive electorate and not everything written long ago should be canceled.
Given ongoing attacks from the likes of the pelosi's, the como's the harris's, the omars the aoc's, the Khan-Cullors, the abrams, against many of the core values (especially personal responsibility) that built this country and the old saying about he who cast the first stone comes to mind.
sharkfan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sharkfan »

CSGuy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:21 pm
Given ongoing attacks from the likes of the pelosi's, the como's the harris's, the omars the aoc's, the Khan-Cullors, the abrams, against many of the core values (especially personal responsibility) that built this country and the old saying about he who cast the first stone comes to mind.
Breathtaking.
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

sharkfan wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:59 pm
Breathtaking.
Agreed Rob. Apparently the ONLY recourse is to keep throwing stones. That must be called personal responsibility. It wasn’t my fault!!

Ralph

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
CSGuy
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Post by CSGuy »

Sorry, you're so unhappy. Myself, I liked my childhood in the US and that from someone whose first job was picking grapes the summer between 6th and 7th grade.

I'm also saddened many here are unable to look beyond the headlines and ask where the hate actually started and who it benefits most. Was it with those spending some 30, 40 even 50 years in politics,

or did it stem from one man, as we're told? A man with 4, not 40 years of influence. A man that gave minorities their lowest unemployment ever. A man that actually did something other than existing, to earn 2 peace prize nominations.

Sad but it seems public education has had the desired effect.

CSGuy
Bigcoupe Contributor
Bigcoupe Contributor

Post by CSGuy »

Ok, it's old and xiden has given us so many more reasons to appreciate mean tweets since jacking with the price of gas. but 8 months in, the rehash seems worthwhile.

sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sansouci »

Approaching 700,000 dead. Invermectin? Nope. Hydroxychloroquin? Nope. Injecting bleach? Nope.
Warp speed? It helped but.... Shots in arms? Not enough
Sansouci
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sansouci »

sansouci wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:12 am "Healing" is a therapeutic process and NOT a political one. The appropriate avenue to go forward is "compromise." Not compromise your ethics, but bend your position to advance the common good. The difficulty is determining what is the common good that is attainable. Take the gun issue for example. What is the common good? Preventing 30,000 deaths annually or having a well armed populace to oppose a tyrannical government. I am not suggesting that we have one, but would a heavily armed population prevent a military coup in Myanmar? I am not sure if the populace agreed with the military.
Wasn't the "common ground" in America once known as the middle class and yes I agree it's under attack from all sides and slowly becoming a thing of the past?
Ultimately, "Healing" is of no use to a divisive electorate and not everything written long ago should be canceled.
Actually the first compromise considered the acceptance or rejection of slavery in our Constitution. There was no middle class to speak of. Farmers, merchants, landowners and low wage workers.
Sansouci
Ralph in Socal
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Ralph in Socal »

3/5 compromise 😂. Equal but not quite and probably the start of minority voting restrictions. Tell me that’s NOT VOTER SUPPRESSION

Ralph

85 635csi Zinno Auto
84 528i Euro
83 635 Euro Arktik
86 535i Auto (For Sale)
81 633 csi (retired)
sansouci
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by sansouci »

Spot on Ralph
Sansouci
RossDinan6

Post by RossDinan6 »

No, actually it was a compromise to get the Constitution adopted The plan/hope was to eliminate slavery in the country. Getting a functional government, at the time, was much more important. If only we still had a functional government.
Ross
'84 633 Dinan turbo
masonjones

Post by masonjones »

CSGuy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:51 pm Ok, it's old and xiden has given us so many more reasons to appreciate mean tweets since jacking with the price of gas. but 8 months in, the rehash seems worthwhile.
I have to say, most of the hatred that I see in memes like that Hunter gem come from the political parties who need us to hate each other. It is not enough to simply disagree, as that doesn't motivate people to go to the polls at voting time. You must think the "other side" is evil and they must be defeated at all cost, else the nation you love will perish.

Now for the boring part where I don't call anyone evil and simply talk about data. The low price of gas we experienced during Trump's presidency was during the lockdown when the economy shutdown and people stopped driving. You could drive around the empty city streets with the top down and feel like Charlton Heston in The Omega Man. As the economy began to reopen at the end of Trump's term the price of gas and other commodities had already begun to climb again.

You can see from the chart below that despite what some memes and political party talking points say, gas prices were lower at the end of Obama's last term than they were under Trump before COVID hit and the economy shut down.

chart.png
chart.png (50.43 KiB) Viewed 5392 times
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH ... us_dpg&f=m

Don't worry though, you don't have to thank Obama for those low prices before Trump got here, they were the result of technological advances that made fracking and horizontal drilling of shale more profitable in this country. Trump may claim to have made the U.S. energy independent but the boom in domestic crude production began well before he was in office (chart below) and does not seem to have suffered any under Obama.

If you want to thank someone for bringing us closer to being energy independent thank a geophysicist not a politician.

domesticcrude.png
domesticcrude.png (44.88 KiB) Viewed 5392 times
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH ... rfpus2&f=m
1985 635CSi
635sharknose

Post by 635sharknose »

If you think gas prices in the USA are high, then compare it to the prices in my country (Netherlands). 8-[

https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/
Paul
Instagram: @635sharknose
1987 635CSi Bronzitbeige
anchored

Post by anchored »

man i regret clicking on this thread.
SHRKATK - Red 87' 635csi