Power seats

Post in this forum for topics relating to the interior.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

tmoretta

Power seats

Post by tmoretta »

Just noticed a new fault in my '88 M6. The driver's seat back will only power adjust in the rearward direction. I push the button in console to power the seat back forward and nothing happens.
tmoretta

Re: Power seats

Post by tmoretta »

I just re-checked the power seat function. I can hear a click under the seat as I push the seat back adj. button, so the circuit from the button to under the seat must be okay. What could be malfunctioning under the seat? I did have the driver's memory power seat module repaired 1 and 1/2 years ago.
TimU

Post by TimU »

If you can hear the electronics engage, then it's probably going to be something mechanical.

You'll likely have to get under there and have a look.

Good luck!
04/1986 635csi Euro spec
Australian Delivered, RHD
tmoretta

Post by tmoretta »

Yes - that is what I thought too.
KINGJOHN808

Post by KINGJOHN808 »

Aloha. I had a similar problem with my 633. Press the button, seat would move slightly. I could hear a click but no real discernible movement. Removed the seat because I believed something was stuck in the track (dime or a penny)

After I removed the seat from the car, seat moved a littler more than before. Found out that the seat rail was gouged and the weight of the seat and person when in the car made it non-moveable.

Because I couldn’t find a seat rail in any better condition, found a set of newly covered (leather) seats that were manual. Everything works as it should now, just with light the electronics.

Not to worried about it because no one sits in the rear seats anyway.

Good luck
Ewa Kai, Hawai’i
1984 633CSi
1983 633CSi (wreckers)

“Aloha and have a great day!”