Odomoter not working

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

85MSteinway

Odomoter not working

Post by 85MSteinway »

long story short, my original odometer had broken gears. order replacements, did the repair and during installation I snapped off the speedometer needle. ourch! Order a new in box from ebay, installed it, did not break the needle this time and on test drive the odometer isn't working. speedometer works but neither the trip nor total mileage odometer are spinning. This on an L6. can anyone think of something I did wrong or might have forget to connect. i put the blue clip on the blau labled connecter on the back and the white one on the weis or whatever it was. I had a solid 6 months between taking it apart and putting it all together but I feel pretty confident I got it all in the right spot. all other instruments/lights etc work. could it be that my "new" in box speedometer had old busted and rotted gears? uhg! any insight would be great. mileage on the new odometer is 3
L6
85 M635
davrianmad

Re: Odomoter not working

Post by davrianmad »

If I was you I test the sender unit in rear axle to make sure that it is generating the pulses for the speedo.
BMW M635CSi 1985 0760152 RHD B512OPH
BMW 2002tii 1974
Davrian Mk7a
Davrian Mk4
Davrian Racing Imp