Classic Le Mans 2022

Talk women (or men), politics, gripe about your 6er (or other ride), and speak your mind.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Classic Le Mans 2022

Post by Pod »

Is anybody over in France this weekend? We are on the ferry as I write!
sideshowbob

Re: Classic Le Mans 2022

Post by sideshowbob »

Read this to0 late....went on Wednesday night ferry Portsmouth to Caen and then cruised to circuit, returned Monday evening same route. The only E24 I saw was mine apart from a small contingency of French E24's in the Clubs section and in the BMW parade.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Just saw an ‘Alpina’ badge on the boot of an E24 a few cars in front of me - but that was all. I nearly always see at least one on my journey, but that was not the case. We always stay in Arnage and thought that there were far fewer classic cars around the village this year.
sideshowbob

Post by sideshowbob »

We stayed in a chateaux about 20 minutes outside Leman....plenty of classics where we were, Austin Healeys, TR6, Jaguar 3.8, Porsche 911, Aston Martin, AC Cobra and that was just the ones staying at the chateaux !!
Highlight was returning on ferry with four Blower Bentley's one still had his racing number on.

Was impressed with the Classic so have already booked ferry for the 24 Hour race and next years Classic !
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

Glad you enjoyed it😉