Blower speed control?

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts wanted.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

RossDinan6

Blower speed control?

Post by RossDinan6 »

As I stated in my blower switch post a few minutes ago, I am hunting a blower speed control, 61 31 13 81 317. Please let me know if you have one available.

Thanks.
Ross
'84 633 Dinan turbo
TimU

Re: Blower speed control?

Post by TimU »

Ross,
The transistors are cheap and easy to replace, rather than spending hundreds on a whole new transistor assembly.

Refer to:
viewtopic.php?p=235042#p235042

Edit:
Sorry, I assumed you needed a new transistor, but checking your PN refers, you referred to the Potentiometer:
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpa ... 1311381317
04/1986 635csi Euro spec
Australian Delivered, RHD
RossDinan6

Post by RossDinan6 »

Thanks. I have a transistor sitting on my bench in anticipation of it's replacement. Unfortunately it looks like I lost the blower pot. Open circuit when measured.

There was a faint trace of smoke behind the HVAC panel and the control had a strong "The smoke escaped from here" smell.

I did manage to fix the broken detent spring with a plastic weld product. Basically super Glue with a fine white powder that gives you a bead. At least I will have cool blow when I drive it next.
Ross
'84 633 Dinan turbo
TimU

Post by TimU »

RossDinan6 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:09 am There was a faint trace of smoke behind the HVAC panel and the control had a strong "The smoke escaped from here" smell.
Ahh, there's your problem. You released the magic smoke.
Yeah, you'll probably need to find a replacement Fan Speed Pot. with it's blue smoke still inside. :lol:
I did manage to fix the broken detent spring with a plastic weld product. Basically super Glue with a fine white powder that gives you a bead. At least I will have cool blow when I drive it next.
Nice one! I'll have to look around my hardware store for something like that. Another tool I didn't know I needed :roll: :lol:
04/1986 635csi Euro spec
Australian Delivered, RHD