Hesitation and loss of power after car warms up.

Post here for mechanical and engine topics such as fuel issues, transmission problems, rough idle, exhaust, electrical issues, etc

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Travnhowie1

Hesitation and loss of power after car warms up.

Post by Travnhowie1 »

Hi I'm sort of new to The forum I was a member before I have currently rejoined after I purchased my 85 Euro 635. My issue comes with the car hesitating initially in 4th gear as you're driving along maybe going up the hill or something it starts to sputter out so you have to jam on the gas pedal to get it to pick up again to gain speed and power then it happens in all the gears after this first initial time it never seems to happen until the car gets warmed up though for some odd reason. So I can be driving in town and be in third gear and give it a little bit of gas and it'll start to sputter out again and then if I fully put the gas down it will catch up and and pick up power and momentum I thought it might be that the mass air flow since or whatever place that and nothing seems to have changed I haven't really looked anywhere else yet but some people say check out hoses I think all the hoses are good no vacuum leaks this is something I've never come across any help would be greatly appreciated the car is a euro spec 635
marc79euro645

Re: Hesitation and loss of power after car warms up.

Post by marc79euro645 »

I'd try some heet gas treatment (for water in gas), as well as techron injector cleaner.
Also, what do your spark plugs look like?