'89 635CS For Sale

Post in this forum for cars and/or parts for sale.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Dreamweaver69

'89 635CS For Sale

Post by Dreamweaver69 »

Was referred to this site by another Bimmer site. Here's the ad I posted locally. If you want to talk about the car message me with your phone number and I will reach out to you.

Selling one of my personal Bucket List cars. I have wanted one of these for about 30 years. After driving / testing about 20 of them over the years, I settled on this one about 2 years ago.

Long story short.... I had planned on keeping this for at least 5 years or more, but we are moving sometime in the next 12-18 months, so I have to start thinning the herd. This is the first to go because it will probably be the quickest to sell. If you know what this car is I don't need to explain it. If you don't, look it up: this is an iconic car.

IF THIS AD IS STILL UP, IT IS STILL FOR SALE. TEXTS ASKING, "IS THIS STILL FOR SALE" WILL BE IGNORED.

MECHANICAL
Mechanically, this car is completely sorted out, In the last 2 years I have taken it in to two of my mechanics (Import Auto and a private mechanic, both in Modesto). This car starts, runs, and drives just like it is supposed to... there are no "issues". You could drive it every day for the next _________ years and, aside from tune ups and regular maintenance, not have to worry about anything. I have owned a LOT of cars through the years and I would feel perfectly comfortable driving this across country and back. It's in very good to excellent mechanical condition.

BODY &; PAINT
1. BODY -----The body is PERFECTLY straight. There are no dents or dings, and there isn't a millimeter of "waviness" that I can see... I highly doubt it has sever been in an accident, but you are welcome to bring a paint meter and check for yourself.
2. PAINT ---- One of the things I hadn't gotten to is the paint. Here's everything I can think of that it needs:
...* Front Spoiler: This should be repainted
... * Scratches: There are three or four scratches that should be panted at the time
... * Clear Coat: There are a couple of spots on the front (not the hood... see pics) that need to be sanded and re-cleared

INTERIOR
I would put it in good to excellent shape.

... * SEATS: The driver's left side bolster is ripped down the seam (see pics), and it could possibly just be re-sewn as a quick fix. But I was going to replace one of the seat skins (just the back portion,,, not the seat or headrest), and put some new foam in it. The protective seat cover ripped when I was cleaning it the other day, so either way I would get two new seat covers. Passenger seat is in great shape, and both rear sears are as well. Nothing needed there.

... * : HEADLINER: It's in great shape
... * DASH: Just one small crack in the dashpad - an easy fix
... * DOOR PANELS: Both excellent
... * Console's (front and rear): No tears, no cracks... they're in great shape.

THE OTHER STUFF

Overall this is a fantastic car, but there are a few more things that need sorted out.

1. The Air Conditioning - I just had it completely gone through, updated, new compressor / condenser / hoses / sensor / etc. But.......... one of the diverter flaps must be a little stuck or something. The AC works well, and it cools the car off nicely. Even the factory beverage cooler in the rear console (look at the pic) works very well. But there is either a flap partially stuck, or the controls (mechanical, not electrical) may be a little loose. That was going to be my last little project for the car someday, but......

2. There is a set of "idiot lights" on the front left of the dash. The previous owner replaced them with LED's, which is a great thing. The problem is that there is one light that always stays on, and I can't figure out how to make it go away. It's not a big deal, but it may bother some people... I just ignore it.

That's about it. The Tires are practically new, I just got it smogged, and it's ready for a new person to be a caretaker. If you are a car enthusiast you will understand all of what I have said about my 635. If you are unfamiliar with what this car is I can tell you this: In the condition it is in, and with what this car means to those who know what they are, this is a great purchase... I don't think you could ever lose money on it.

My opinion, and research, tells me this car is worth more than I am selling it for. I am not interested in haggling, I don't need the money, and I just want it to go to someone who will appreciate it. If you are interested, text me. I am extremely busy and I will get back to you that day.

Steve - 209-604-9093
Attachments
2 Driver Side Body Line.jpg
2 Driver Side Body Line.jpg (99.98 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
1 - Whole Car Side View.jpg
1 - Whole Car Side View.jpg (111.37 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
1 - Whole Car Front View.jpg
1 - Whole Car Front View.jpg (130.62 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
1 - Whole Car Front Passenger.jpg
1 - Whole Car Front Passenger.jpg (108.85 KiB) Viewed 1817 times
tschultz

Re: '89 635CS For Sale

Post by tschultz »

Did I miss your asking price? :-k
http://www.Drive4Corners.com
'79 635CSi Revival
'80 635CSi
'83 633CSi Callaway Turbo continued as 1988 535is Turbo
SOLD: '81 635CSi/A
Dreamweaver69

Post by Dreamweaver69 »

Whooooooooooops. I believe you are correct sir. Apologies - I just copied / pasted from my CL ad

$13,000., American
Dreamweaver69

Post by Dreamweaver69 »

Am I asking too much? Have only had a few inquiries..... just one offer well below what I'm asking. Any advice is appreciated.
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

I'll tell you a couple of things turned me off.

"If you know what this car is I don't need to explain it."

"IS THIS STILL FOR SALE" WILL BE IGNORED"
Why are you shouting?

"it could possibly just be re-sewn as a quick fix"
Why wouldn't you "quick fix it so you wouldn't bring attention to it?

"one of the diverter flaps"
Which flap diverting where?

"flap partially stuck, or the controls (mechanical, not electrical)"
Again, what flap, what it isn't doing and how do you know it isn't electrical?

"idiot lights" on the front left of the dash"
I would not call these Idiot Lights. It would indicate E24 lovers are dumb driving this vehicle.
Also, these are very specific warning lamps. An led alone will not light on its own, there must a problem
with the warning it's identifying. What is that warning?

"I am not interested in haggling, I don't need the money, and I just want it to go to someone who will appreciate it. If you are interested, text me. I am extremely busy and I will get back to you that day."

I guess most didn't want to get in touch with you because maybe they were too busy to be bothered

Just my $.03
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
Jackie&Gracie

Post by Jackie&Gracie »

While I am only a little bit newer here than Dreamweaver69, did I miss the detail about location? Something a little more specific than “US”?

Modesto, California maybe?
Last edited by Jackie&Gracie on Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pod
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Pod »

86_6series wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:35 pm I'll tell you a couple of things turned me off.

"If you know what this car is I don't need to explain it."

"IS THIS STILL FOR SALE" WILL BE IGNORED"
Why are you shouting?

"it could possibly just be re-sewn as a quick fix"
Why wouldn't you "quick fix it so you wouldn't bring attention to it?

"one of the diverter flaps"
Which flap diverting where?

"flap partially stuck, or the controls (mechanical, not electrical)"
Again, what flap, what it isn't doing and how do you know it isn't electrical?

"idiot lights" on the front left of the dash"
I would not call these Idiot Lights. It would indicate E24 lovers are dumb driving this vehicle.
Also, these are very specific warning lamps. An led alone will not light on its own, there must a problem
with the warning it's identifying. What is that warning?

"I am not interested in haggling, I don't need the money, and I just want it to go to someone who will appreciate it. If you are interested, text me. I am extremely busy and I will get back to you that day."

I guess most didn't want to get in touch with you because maybe they were too busy to be bothered

Just my $.03
I had similar thoughts when I read the advert.........Just an owner who has never had anything to do with our forum, but wants to use it to sell his motor. Not saying that there's anything wrong with his car - just his attitude!
dawan

Post by dawan »

It's a funny thing buying or selling these and similar cars today... reasons mentioned above. Personally I don't care for bronzit. Wheels and other things have grown on me at times but not the bronzit.
86_6series
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by 86_6series »

I'm color blind and I love my Bronzit----- HaHa
86-635CSi
96-MB C220 SOLD
98-740i
71-Continental MK3
Slownrusty

Post by Slownrusty »

I love Bronzit too.

Incredible color.
dawan

Post by dawan »

Bronzit sounds good in German but is certainly not any unique, nor interesting color. These cars look best in black and the darker colors imho.