Fog Light Mounting with Euro Valance/Alpina Spoiler

Post in this forum for topics relating to the exterior. This includes body, windows, and accessories

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Alpinab7

Fog Light Mounting with Euro Valance/Alpina Spoiler

Post by Alpinab7 »

I'm hoping with many European members here I will find the answer. I have replaced my spoiler on my 1985 Euro 635csi and put on a Euro valance (i believe this is from a Euro 628. The fog lights mounted under the bumper were connected to the car with two metal L-shaped brackets. These brackets do not fit with the new valance.

The part number to one of the fog inserts that I have is 1375049

I am wondering if the lights are supposed to screw directly to the valance through the small plastic brackets on each side of the light. The BWM parts catalog does not show any other mounting brackets but it does not give a clear indication of how these mount.

Either that or I may just have the wrong lights. I am told there are 4 types but obviously mine are not supposed to be the US version nor the ones with 3 square corners and a radius corner. Any help is appreciated in advance. -John
bpoliakoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Fog Light Mounting with Euro Valance/Alpina Spoiler

Post by bpoliakoff »

If you have a true early Euro valence the fog lights, with 4 straight corners, mount to the bumper/ If you go to realOEM and put in that part number, it will bring up a diagram of the exact mounting parts. That is as long as the Alpina spoiler has room for the lights to mount from the bumper and clear the airddam. I have an 81 Euro and that was how they were installed from the factory
81 Euro 635 M90 with motronic. Currently under a complete nut and bolt restoration. Pictures at
flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos.
Alpinab7

Re: Fog Light Mounting with Euro Valance/Alpina Spoiler

Post by Alpinab7 »

I got it figured out. This is an 85. I guess I needed to remove the large metal left and right brackets that were used with the M635csi style front spoiler and then it mounts directly to the rear side of the valance with the little pivot brackets and expanding nuts/screws. I had to remove the valance for something and once I got it off it was evident how it mounted.