'86 635CSiA - challange accepted

Document your Sixer project here.

Moderators: GRNSHRK, ron, bfons

Krystian

'86 635CSiA - challange accepted

Post by Krystian »

Hello everyone

I`m a newcommer so just wanted to say hi and share few pics of my addictive madness :) First of all I am very amazed how huge portion of knowledge is here on the forum. Since I don`t have that much experience with fixing cars, I now feel much more comfortable with what I`m about to do with the car in coming weeks.

The shark came all the way from US to Poland in a rust-free condition, interior was pretty well maintained, sun however destroyed paint. I decided to do repainting, some interior work was also required. Recently got the repainted car back, with all the interior removed. Since the guy who removed it is no longer avaiable and I`m having very hard times finding a person willing to install it for me, I decided to accept the challange do it all by myself (with great help of all DIY on the forum).

So here it is how it started:
IMG_2083.JPG
IMG_2083.JPG (4.35 MiB) Viewed 1091 times
IMG_2074.JPG
IMG_2074.JPG (3.84 MiB) Viewed 1091 times
IMG_2069.JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (4.14 MiB) Viewed 1091 times

Got the car back and started to Install interior (dashboard installation is yet to be done, but is no longer a mystery to me with the Full dash removal tutorial by Ozibimmer - many thanks for sharing it!!!):
IMG_5848.JPG
IMG_5848.JPG (4.06 MiB) Viewed 1091 times
In the meantime fixing instrument cluster (speedometer and tachometer did not work, it was not possible to cancel inspection) - odometer gears, batteries and few components replacement.

There is much more work needed, but I searched forum and already identified fixes for some of the issues - greatly appreciate what you guys are sharing here!
GRNSHRK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: '86 635CSiA - challange accepted

Post by GRNSHRK »

Well, welcome to the madness \:D/

And nice to see that you have accepted the challenge =D>

Good looking example there, and plenty of info here as well, you're in the right place :wink:
:mrgreen:
Bobbo
1980 633 CSi Cypress Green/Pearl Beige
2017 X5 M Sport Xdrive 35i Carbon Black/Ivory White
2005 330 Ci ZHP Cabrio Imola Red/Bone/Black